Upgrading my Bose speakers in the Yukon

Krave

I'm an alcoholic, It's ok
I posted this exact same thread on diyma as I want as many opinions as possible:

So my next step in the Yukon is my replacement of all Bose stuff, amp/mids/highs, especially the fronts as the rears I could care less about due to me not being able to hear them anyways.

As far as amps on hand, I have a barely used zx150.2 just laying here I had in my old '95 Tahoe running my mids, also have a PPI Sedona APA 100IX as well that could be used. Budget, I would say $200-$300 is a good cutoff for a component set, if I need to get a better amp, I can add that to the 300 limit, misc stuff - sound deadening, spacers, etc, I am not including in with my limit.

Kicker ZX amp specs:

RMS Power in Watts, all channels driven

@14.4 Volts, 4Ω stereo, ≤ 1% THD+N 60 x 2

@ 2Ω stereo, ≤ 1% THD+N 75 x 2

@ 4Ω mono, ≤ 1% THD+N 150

Any and all input is helpful, I don't know much about mids/highs unless throwing 6x9's all over the back dash and putting 8 tweeters all over the pillar posts counts, lol j/k.

doors = 6.5 and tweets I believe are .75

These are some that I am eyeing, again I do not know much about component sets:

DD CS 6.5

JL CS2650

Polk db6501

SQ QC-HF6.5

I am digging those XXX6.5C's, eye pleasing and look beefy. Sound deadening will be bought.

Question, should I just install the amp at the location of the current Bose amp (I believe it is under the center console) or install it elsewhere and just run all new wires (which I may do anyways no matter location because of how small gauge factory uses)

I've got a set of Morel Ovations and 8 sets of CDTs ranging from CL-1s and up. All Mid bass drivers are 6.5". Have ARC Audio KS300.2 and a300.4, over 1400 watts of power. Have a super rare ARC DXE that is brand new and just came back from ARC for a checkup for processing duties and an Audio Control DQ-61. Have a very nice pair of ARC 2500XXKs for SQ that just came back from ARC for a checkup. Have a BNIB ARC XDI2000.1 also, about 2300 watts at 1 ohm. If ya need anything

Thanks for the offer Wanderer1, but those look to be more than I am wanting to spend on my Yuk. I am definitely going to have to do something soon as I can't hear anything but these darn subs now when the bass hits. I am also eyeing a pair or 2 pairs of the VO-B1 tweeters from DD, not sure if I should component it first or do these massive tweets first.....downside to the tweets is I have to manufacture a location to install them, components I just have to add spacers and modify factory grills (doors and pillar posts) to install (also all new wiring/sound deadening, but that is mandatory for either install).

Thanks for the offer Wanderer1, but those look to be more than I am wanting to spend on my Yuk. I am definitely going to have to do something soon as I can't hear anything but these darn subs now when the bass hits. I am also eyeing a pair or 2 pairs of the VO-B1 tweeters from DD, not sure if I should component it first or do these massive tweets first.....downside to the tweets is I have to manufacture a location to install them, components I just have to add spacers and modify factory grills (doors and pillar posts) to install (also all new wiring/sound deadening, but that is mandatory for either install).
Do the B2 but only 1 set. That's more than enough

Do the B2 but only 1 set. That's more than enough
Good deal, I was looking at those as well. The way things are going, I will end up with everything DD in the end, was not my original goal, but I won't mind. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.