Upgrading Head Units

Participant count
  • Participant list

Edward_Stryfe

Man of Many Pixels
So when I t comes to stock heads I know they put out around 10w to 70w rms usually. I have a four channel amp that I am considering using on my car it's a 2010 Pontiac Vibe which has four 6.5" mids but since stock setups aren't marked and don't have a proper rms ratings for anything. The amp can do about 75rms at 2 Ohms and about 45w to 50w at 4Ohm. So I'm trying to figure out whether that would be enough power for it to be a significant upgrade. Based on past experience would anyone think this be really worthwhile ?

depends on the amp what is it? if u don't have bose or some factory upgrade system like that even a hu like my x301 $119 will help because it has better da convertor (much more clear sound) and little more power to speakers + it has xovers (so speakers won't distort) 13 band eq and about 10 other audio settings

It's the stock hu and the amp is a Rockwood AMP-5555 600w Max 2-8Ohm I'm wanting to know if there's a chance that the wattage for the amp will be just as high as the hu making the install pretty worthless

It's the stock hu and the amp is a Rockwood AMP-5555 600w Max 2-8Ohm I'm wanting to know if there's a chance that the wattage for the amp will be just as high as the hu making the install pretty worthless
thats not a great amp is all i can say i do have a 04 grandprix out factory hu is probably the same, my new hu much better, if u want to add amp i'd get something better before spending $ on wires.. all that said the amp is probably twice as strong as factory hu..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.