Upgrading from stock - Need Help

tHeFallen
10+ year member

Just got finished picking out my sub stage, going with a Fi Q 12 and AQ1200D. This is going into my 08 Mazda. But before I install that I wanted to upgrade my front stage. Ive been looking over the forums, and for the lower price ranges I have seen recommendations for 6.5 BA. This gonna be the best way to go? I was thinking S60 BA for my door speakers.

Also, what kind of speakers should I be thinking of for my rear speakers? Would it be possible to throw 6.5 subs back there for a little more bass? Or will my Fi Q be enough? My overall goal is to have an even balanced system with good sound quality.

As for the price range for all the gear (Replace all speakers, Amp, Crossover, etc.) I would like to keep it under 500$.

Also, this will be running off my stock hu for now until I purchase a new one. Still looking into that though ...

Lastly, I am looking to install all the equipment myself. So, any information you have for a beginner is awesome.

EDIT -

Should I just ditch the rear speakers, and put all 500 on a comp front?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Boston 60s are nice, not a bad idea. Rears don't matter so much when you have a good sub they sub will just compete with and beat them. You'd have to enclose the rears to even really hear decent bass from them after a sub is in. If you're looking for an ignition place for the remote for your amp, I usually use the windshield washer fuse which is pretty easy, however there are better spots.

The SAX would be a good match with the 60s. Also looking to MB QUART and memphis for a good multi channel amp. If your on a budget that is. Power Reference by memphis is a great series.

Thanks for the help - Just bought that setup

EDIT:

Well, I should have saved that thread I saw about another member's questions for speaker wire .. What gauge should I be looking for?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.