Upgrading 2003 Tacoma

Participant count
  • Participant list

jacobini

Hey All,

New to car audio - would like to upgrade my 2003 Tacoma Xtra Cab system. From doing some research I think I am looking to change the head unit and speakers. I would like to spend under $300 but if thats not possible under $500. I may want to add an amp down the road (or now if it somehow fits in that budget). All my music is digital so no CD player needed. What would you buy with those two budgets?

Also: I have a fair amount of tools and am pretty handy, but I dont have experience with electrical. Is this something I can do myself or am I just better off paying someone? I have read that a lot of places do pretty cheap labor if you buy the components from them, but I have also read it can cost $200+ for installation which seems steep. Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.