Upgrades to my current little sub setup. RF R500X1D, 500w @2ohm

Is that something I want to install to monitor my stuff? How do I hook that up? I know dick about tuning an amp.

So say I hold off on buying an amp and want to use my RF amp with this new sub for now. How can I best ensure I'm getting the most out of both the amp and my sub without destroying either? I'm probably ~100w below RMS rating for this new sub. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that something I want to install to monitor my stuff? How do I hook that up? I know dick about tuning an amp.

So say I hold off on buying an amp and want to use my RF amp with this new sub for now. How can I best ensure I'm getting the most out of both the amp and my sub without destroying either? I'm probably ~100w below RMS rating for this new sub. 
You are totally fine to keep using that amp just upgrade if you think you need more power. 

See if there is an audio club local to you (look on Facebook) and see If anyone had an O-Scope or DD1 that will help you. If not you can tune it by ear. Play a 40hz tone with the head unit on the loudest volume you listen to music at, turn up the gain on the sub amp till you hear the sound distort and back it down a bit. And then never go above that head unit volume 

Last edited by a moderator:

you not gonna get much louder after doing a proper ported box for that 12. It doesnt matter what sub you switch to, everything loud requires power. There's no way around it. Otherwise you'll be switching subs like underwear and getting sh*t for results.  You dont magically get louder switching to a lower powered sub. 

you not gonna get much louder after doing a proper ported box for that 12. It doesnt matter what sub you switch to, everything loud requires power. There's no way around it. Otherwise you'll be switching subs like underwear and getting sh*t for results.  You dont magically get louder switching to a lower powered sub. 
I hear ya. You've got me considering upgrading my amp. New sub is a DVC1. I plan to keep a single 12" for the foreseeable future. Am I wrong in thinking that I'm not future-proofing myself by going with the HD3000 2ohm to run me for now, because in adding an identical sub to this one, those 2 DVC1 subs require either a 1ohm or 4ohm load? I'd need DVC2's?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.