upgrade type rs with better sq sub..recommendations?

dredey
10+ year member

I have 2 12" alpines type r powered with a aq1200D

At first i loved it. it was loud and powerful

now i want more but more importantly i want better sound quality

at volume 20 u get a nice boom boom; but obvioulsy at 20 its not very loud so i turn it up to 27 (max volume) and it doesnt sound so good the bass sounds more likk brrr brrrrr.

So what speakers do yall reccomend that put out poweful bass but sounds clean at the same time.

i really like my aq amp so i was thinkin about buying the subs from them , and the prices are really good, but idk how the sq is on them

i was looking at these for 340$$ HDC318-A

and does anyone how well the new comps are from them?

thanks for any help!!

(i accidently posted this in speaker so im reposting in sub)

Well the AQ amp comes with the bass boost thing you screw into the front of your car. and theres 2 lights on it. one for power (blue) and one for clipping (red) I put my HU at 27 (max vol) and slowly rasied the gain till the clippin light started blinking. my gain is below half.

i know i need dynamt cuz my trunk rattles like crazy so that could solve the brr brr problem but i still want more sq subs.

Well the AQ amp comes with the bass boost thing you screw into the front of your car. and theres 2 lights on it. one for power (blue) and one for clipping (red) I put my HU at 27 (max vol) and slowly rasied the gain till the clippin light started blinking. my gain is below half.
i know i need dynamt cuz my trunk rattles like crazy so that could solve the brr brr problem but i still want more sq subs.
You should never run your HU at max volume. That's yer prob rite der.

nooo my max volume i s 35 i have a kenwood kdc x592..i ment my personal max volumes is 27 i dont like it higher than that cuz the bass starts sounding weird.

Did you use a DMM to set your gains? I have a feeling the "brrr brrrr" you're hearing is you clipping the hell out of those subs. I could be wrong.
you can use a dmm? hmm id rather use an oscilloscope

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.