Upgrade to aftermarket Kenwood KVT-819DVD

Participant count
  • Participant list

shleppy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello - Is anyone aware of options to utilize an old Kenwood system that uses a data cable from head unit to trunk...ala a hideaway unit with preouts. My KVT-819DVD head unit is kaputski and I am trying to avoid running new preamp from the front (now it is all sourced from the trunk). Are there new systems that utilize this same "h/u to brain in the trunk" scheme? The car is a 2001 BMW 530 (E39) which is a great car that I'm keeping forever but I would like to upgrade to a more "modern" system.
Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

i have no experience with component speakers. Maybe someone else can help in this area.
Hello, I have a Peugeot 207 SE 2007 and would like to upgrade its existing car stereo. It’s a single cd fm/am radio and I would like to get...
That's not an amplifier designed for subwoofer use, it's a 4 channel designed for you primary speakers. Small $75 investment to get you where you...
i would not worry about the tweeters. They will never see anything above 20 watts before your ears bleed. your options with 4 channels would be...
Thought I would update this thread… Couldn’t login over the weekend for some reason. Finally got the Kenwood installed last Friday… Had a little...

About this thread

shleppy

CarAudio.com Newbie
shleppy
Bucks County PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from