Upgrade time right around the corner! Advice needed!

Participant count
  • Participant list

fatboytyler

CarAudio.com Elite
So I got a summer job making pretty decent money and was going to overhaul my 2000 Toyota Tundra's system.

Here's a list of upgrades in order (with questions) that I plan to do...

1. 270 Amp Singer Alt

When I get this should I just go ahead and get rid of the factory alt to battery wire? Got 0 gauge Sky High OFC for my Big 3.

2. 1 Big AGM under the hood and maybe 1 or 2 for the back. I've had people swear by the Dekas and looking at that AH rating for the price its kind of hard to turn it down. I'll fork out the money for XS Power if I need to...

3/4/5. Here's where I am a bit lost. I want a new component set. I am just still confused as to what size my 2000 Tundra's speakers are. I would also like to keep the price at $200 or less, unless someone can make a good reason to go higher. I've currently looked at some of CDT's lineup, Sundown's, Soundqubed.

I then need an amp to accompany the comps. I could go with 2 or 4 channel. If I go 4 channel I'll eventually upgrade the rears, but if 2 channel is a better fit then that is fine.

I also need some sound deadner for 2 doors and my back wall behind the backseat/below the rear window. Not looking for premium stuff that'll cost me an arm and a leg, but I still want pretty decent stuff. I've heard good things about Knu's lineup, but it is a bit costly.

6. Here's where the future of my build is decided. I currently have 2 SA-12s (D4, wired together at 1 Ohm) running off a RF Prime 1200.1D. I would like to run two DC level 6's around Christmas, but for that I need 6,000 RMS. So I guess my question is, what is the most power you would ever run to 2 SA-12s for a daily driver? I had a friend/dealer for Sundown tell me he ran 2 SA-10s off a 3500W(Either Crescendo or Sundown, can't remember) amp at 1 ohm and they loved it. I want to get one bigger amp for the SA's then strap it for 2 Level 6's. Thoughts on this?

7. I'll upgrade my KW-R500 to some touchscreen. Probably an Alpine.

Wiring: Will consist mainly of OFC Sky High or Knu wiring.

Also, could I run a LC-1 on both my sub amp (Currently have) and my front stage amp so I can leave my volume at my max listening level (35/50) and fine tune it as I need it? Or would this cause problems?

I won't be buying anything for another month, so I don't need anyone offering to sell me something right now.

I appreciate the help!

sounds like a fun build. i would look into other companies besides sundown and soundqubed for your components. phd has nice speakers cdt is great. hertz rainbow there are so many options. are you wanting to run your speakers active? and i thought you had tantrics didnt you?

Your fronts are 6x9 speakers I believe. The cdt mx639 should do it. Also a 4 channel. Will be good. As for an amp for the lvl 6 subs. Better get at least something in the 7k area or the lvl 6 subs will laugh at it I'd strap a pair of nice 3500-4000 watt rms amps. At this power you'll need 2 alts as well and 4-5 batts min

sounds like a fun build. i would look into other companies besides sundown and soundqubed for your components. phd has nice speakers cdt is great. hertz rainbow there are so many options. are you wanting to run your speakers active? and i thought you had tantrics didnt you?
I will certainly look into those. And nope, 2 SAs. I would like to run active since I'm all about tweaking things haha. Any good crossovers you'd recommend?

Your fronts are 6x9 speakers I believe. The cdt mx639 should do it. Also a 4 channel. Will be good. As for an amp for the lvl 6 subs. Better get at least something in the 7k area or the lvl 6 subs will laugh at it I'd strap a pair of nice 3500-4000 watt rms amps. At this power you'll need 2 alts as well and 4-5 batts min
Well then, how about strapping 2500W amps and ditching the level 6 idea. 2500W would pair up perfectly with the SA's and giving me the ability run 2 2500s strapped at 1 ohm. Allowing me to run some Zv4's or something equivalent from another company. Or would 1 alt not be enough for this either? Also, I kind of thought my fronts were 6x9's, but I also have tweets which kind of threw me off. I'll tear into the door panel here soon to see.

I will certainly look into those. And nope, 2 SAs. I would like to run active since I'm all about tweaking things haha. Any good crossovers you'd recommend?

Well then, how about strapping 2500W amps and ditching the level 6 idea. 2500W would pair up perfectly with the SA's and giving me the ability run 2 2500s strapped at 1 ohm. Allowing me to run some Zv4's or something equivalent from another company. Or would 1 alt not be enough for this either? Also, I kind of thought my fronts were 6x9's, but I also have tweets which kind of threw me off. I'll tear into the door panel here soon to see.
It's goona depend on the stock alt size. If your only going with 1 alt. get a 6 phase hairpin and at least. 5-7 batts also I wouldn't throw 2500 x 2 at a pair if sa subs. Or even thd z subs better look at night shades or any other. 2000+ rms sub

It's goona depend on the stock alt size. If your only going with 1 alt. get a 6 phase hairpin and at least. 5-7 batts also I wouldn't throw 2500 x 2 at a pair if sa subs. Or even thd z subs better look at night shades or any other. 2000+ rms sub
What do you mean depends on the stock alt size? Also, I would start with one 2,000-2,500W amp for the SA's (1,000 - 1,300ish a piece depending on the amp) then strap another when I'm ready to afford new subs.

Surely I wouldn't need 5-7 extra batteries for 5K on a 275 Amp 6 phase alt since that is what Singer offers for my Vehicle?

More alt amps and batteries means louder and more reliable 1 amp may be find in the sa subs
Well the Singer is 275 amp (310 Peak). I was going to run around 300 AH total (3 Batts) to begin with on 2500W on the SA's. Then strap the amp and get 2 more powerful subs adding another battery or 2 if needed. But, that is a ways off. The front stage takes precedence!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.