Upgrade suggestions for Honda Pilot while retaining stock HU, Nav and DVD player

Participant count
  • Participant list

SeaNile
10+ year member

I'm about to buy a 2011 Honda Pilot Touring SUV. Not sure of the specs of stereo system but it does have ipod integration, navigation and a rear entertainment system with DVD. I want to keep the stock HU and all the other features but do want to improve on the sound. My previous Explorer I went with Kenwood HU, Alpine amps, Boston G5 sub and Boston 6x9 in all doors. It sounded much better than stock, obviously, but the speakers began to buzz ("blown") maybe from listening to it too loud?

Anyway, I'd like to upgrade the sub, speakers and amp but don't want to go crazy. Under $2K is my goal. I have a few questions....do I need to replace all 10 speakers? Not sure if I want to add components to my doors and have an aftermarket look...so are 6x9's my only choice?

I really liked the silky smooth sound of the Boston speakers but am worried they will develop that buzz again...

I listen to mostly rock with a lot of Pink Floyd thrown in!

Thanks

Get an Audiocontrol EQX, tap into your back speakers so you can keep the stock HU and then maybe start by replacing the front speakers and add a sub. You could get a decent 4 channel to power all that. There are plenty of options to fit into the factory openings for speakers so that your car still looks stock.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.