UPDATE: audiobahn alum10q x2 + JBL 1200.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

spankumbottom
10+ year member

Just thought I would give an update on my install. A while ago I asked a few questions and with the help of some of the members of this forum (thanks loneranger) I was able to make my choice. I settled on 2 audiobahn alum10q's in 2 cu. ft. ported boxes tuned to 35hz powered by a JBL 1200.1, just a couple days ago I finally got everything installed and the subs broken in so I had a chance to see what this system was made of. First just let me say that these bahns really surprised me, I heard everyone saying that all audiobahn subs sound like crap and this and that, these alums sound very nice, I listen to lots of types of music and they keep up with it all. Tight drum bass, guitar, very acurate, clear, and crisp bass. Put in some rap or hip hop and these things shake my entire car, very impressive for 2 10's that only cost me about $130 a piece. Again, I would just like to say thanks to all who helped me, and I am very pleased with this setup.

BTW this isnt my account, my friend just lets me use it to post on here, so dont be confused if it seems like I have split personalities.

Originally posted by spankumbottom Just thought I would give an update on my install. A while ago I asked a few questions and with the help of some of the members of this forum (thanks loneranger) I was able to make my choice. I settled on 2 audiobahn alum10q's in 2 cu. ft. ported boxes tuned to 35hz powered by a JBL 1200.1, just a couple days ago I finally got everything installed and the subs broken in so I had a chance to see what this system was made of. First just let me say that these bahns really surprised me, I heard everyone saying that all audiobahn subs sound like crap and this and that, these alums sound very nice, I listen to lots of types of music and they keep up with it all. Tight drum bass, guitar, very acurate, clear, and crisp bass. Put in some rap or hip hop and these things shake my entire car, very impressive for 2 10's that only cost me about $130 a piece. Again, I would just like to say thanks to all who helped me, and I am very pleased with this setup.

BTW this isnt my account, my friend just lets me use it to post on here, so dont be confused if it seems like I have split personalities.
Glad you like them! I'll be the first to admit that you won't win any sq comps with them, but they're a pretty awesome driver, especially for the price. I've found that most people that rag on audiobahn have never actually owned or tested one, or have had bad experiences with their cheap subs. At any rate, I'm anxious to see some SPL numbers or pictures of your install if you get them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.