Unusual oscope results!

rule out the source before you blame the amp, even though people dislike CT sounds. theres a large chance you wont hear it anyway. it could also be the scope if this is the first time youve used it try using it with a signal generator

Sorry no replies/results. The day after I posted this he decided to tear everything out and re-do connections etc. This time at least I can help make sure stuff is right. Turns out he decided his LOC needed a signal booster, so he has both of those in the negative side of the equation. He also had loose ground wires and other issues. Once I get him put back together I'll test again.
@wew lad It's a scope I've used before, so I know it's not the culprit. He's getting his new Apex 320 amp alt tomorrow or Friday, so we'll also be able to rule out bad electrical....he had stock alternator before.

Even though he's now having a different issue, I figured I'd give you an update. It was either the factory amp (distortion was present on every channel coming out of it, or factory HU. Distortion was present throughout the sine wave, but was more pronounced in that section I showed you. He's now got a Pioneer HU and distortion is gone. Now just need to figure out a different problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Sguirrelfeather

Senior VIP Member
Sguirrelfeather
Mountain Home, ID
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from