Unique situation..

solidcrowd
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So my car turns the Headunit off when i open the door after turning my car off. When I open the door my subwoofer makes a thud noise and speakers make a zap noise. Now this does NOT happen when I manually turn my headunit off. Also sometimes I notice a low pulsating bass noise when the headunit is turning on. What is causing my first problem and how can I fix it. The 2nd part is just more info for you guys, not really bothering me as much as the loud thud noise. I think the headunit is turning off faster than the amp when I open the door..but not sure what the solution is. I hate turning off the car, and then manually turning off the headunit before I open my driver door to get out. Thanks in advance!

take a polarized cap and wire it to the remote wire off the back of the deck. something in the 2000 + microfarad range should suffice.

+ side of cap taps to remote, - side to ground.

Whats your ground look like? If it's poorly done, not sanded down to bare metal or on like a seat bolt then that will not suffice. Also have you grounded your headunit?

Could always use an ignition wire for your remote turn on, that way the amp will turn off when the car is shut off...but then you won't be able to use it without the car running...

My amp grounds are great. I believe they are the rear struts. I don't believe I grounded my headunit correct after doing research. I just ran the ground to the black wire (ground) on the wire harness. So it's being grounded that way...should I leave it like that and run a ground wire / splice it with those two?

This problem has been over shadowed by my subwoofer cutting out now though. I recently played a muggy song that I believe was enhanced and blew a few fuses on my Alpine pdx1.1000 amp and after that smoke was pouring out of the port. So I replaced the fuses, amp turns on fine. Tested the subwoofer briefly upstairs on my plate amp. Put it back in and now when I give it a decent amount of volume it cuts out...butt will start playing again after I turn the headunit off and back on. Any ideas on my two problems now lol?

Had same problem in a impala was annoying as *** . It was the harness to the factory plug. They made two the regular 20 bucks which was the one i got and ended up buyinh the 100 one something with onstar or sumthing like that

ohm check is not 100% fool proof. I would find a friend that has a sub that is 1 ohm and connect that to the system just to make sure that its the amp with the problem. the scorch on the voice coil may be shorting out only when in opperation and not when at rest. also check resistance from neg term of batt to neg term of amp to make sure that your grounds are good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.