Unexpected Creations, Edison NJ

he's a busy man, give him time it is worth it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I have given him three weeks. Times up. I had to go somewhere else. He promised to call me today and never did. That was it. It looks like I will be going with focal. It is too bad. I have never tried harder to give someone business. Busy doesn't cut it. If this is his profession it is not cool. If this is a side gig I can understand, but that should have been stated up front.

First of all I called you this morning @ around 8-8:30, no answer. Secondly, yes this is my profession and full time business. Sorry that I do have other work as well and have been plenty booked for weeks.

I did not get any call from you. No message either. I only have one phone so there is no way I missed it. It is my cell. I was waiting for the call. I actually had the phone next to me all day especially early on. I waited until around noon and them left. I still had my phone. If you were to busy to do the work, all you had to do was say so. I would have purchased the equip from you and had someone else install it. I am glad you are busy. What does that have to do with me? All I wanted was a response.

the 3 weeks...I can understand that. A missed call on a saturday does not warrant any negative response. just take a step back and think about it: does your local dealer do phone calls at 8:30AM on a saturday? does he PM people/make phone calls past 5pm? NO. does he have rainbows? no. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif does he have better prices than most if not all dealers? yep. if you were unhappy with the service 3 weeks ago, perhaps you should have made the purchase and moved on. after all, its just some sound in your car.

I did not get any call from you. No message either. I only have one phone so there is no way I missed it. It is my cell. I was waiting for the call. I actually had the phone next to me all day especially early on. I waited until around noon and them left. I still had my phone. If you were to busy to do the work, all you had to do was say so. I would have purchased the equip from you and had someone else install it. I am glad you are busy. What does that have to do with me? All I wanted was a response.

I did call and I can find dozens of people that can vouch for me as to not being a BSer. Number would have been a restricted one, so it wouldnt have showed, but I did indeed call. Why would I have not called, especially given the fact I could have just made an "over the counter" sale.

I did however ask you to come down last week and you graciously declined saying its too far away. I advised you its only about 25mins, yet you still declined. When setting up a system I like to make a true evaluation of the car its going into to make the best of it. This was not possible from you. Understandable, but dont act like I have made Zero efforts on this.

the 3 weeks...I can understand that. A missed call on a saturday does not warrant any negative response. just take a step back and think about it: does your local dealer do phone calls at 8:30AM on a saturday? does he PM people/make phone calls past 5pm? NO. does he have rainbows? no. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif does he have better prices than most if not all dealers? yep. if you were unhappy with the service 3 weeks ago, perhaps you should have made the purchase and moved on. after all, its just some sound in your car.

I didn't mind waiting the 3 weeks. Don was very cool when he did speak to me then and I wanted to have him do the work. Plain and simple. After three weeks, deadline became a bit of an issue and I spoke with Don via pm a few times. I explained the issues and was waiting for a quote for an install. I even told him that worse comes to worse I will buy the speakers and amp from him and have it installed here. He still didn't get back to me. At this point I needed to have it done this week which would have been a month since I contacted him. I am glad he is busy and I wish him well. He is a good guy, but that doesn't mean that there is any excuse for this. 3 weeks is ridiculous. I am sure Rainbow wouldn't disagree if they knew they were losing business as a result. As for my local guy, he is very well respected and does work for the rich and famous. I am surprised he even took me. Would he call me at 8am? Yes. Would he call me at 8pm? Yes. He even offered to come pick up my car. He had 5 or 6 high end vehicles in the shop being worked on and still was willing to take my car and do whatever, whenever. He has been pretty good with pricing (although I don't have anyway to compare the actual labor costs...Don never gave me even a rough estimate.) Like Don, this guy is a no pressure guy and wouldn't oversell which I appreciate. I was really hoping to get the rainbows, but I am sure that I will be happy with the focals. Hell, anything will be better than the 16yr old paper speakers that I currently have. I have n othing against Don. I wish I could have had him work with me. That is all. I wish him the best.

I did call and I can find dozens of people that can vouch for me as to not being a BSer. Number would have been a restricted one, so it wouldnt have showed, but I did indeed call. Why would I have not called, especially given the fact I could have just made an "over the counter" sale.
I did however ask you to come down last week and you graciously declined saying its too far away. I advised you its only about 25mins, yet you still declined. When setting up a system I like to make a true evaluation of the car its going into to make the best of it. This was not possible from you. Understandable, but dont act like I have made Zero efforts on this.
Wow, you are being awfully defensive considering I haven't accused you of anything. I don't think you are a BSer and I was going on the word and referrals of everyone here to begin with. I said I couldn't come down then and I explained that I thought you were over an hour a way. When you said 25 min I said I could come, but not then. I even gave you a link to the mb forums so you could get any info you needed in the meantime. I was more than willing to come. I wanted to come last weekend but didn't hear from you until this week. I even told you last night that I would come today. I never said you made zero effort. You did respond a few times after constant pestering. I don't understand why you are getting on me. All I wanted was for you to sell me product and do an install. How exactly did I do something wrong? As for why you wouldn't call..I have no idea, but you didn't. Even if the number is restricted my phone would show that I missed a call with a restricted number.

Sorry for the seeming to be defensive, but its been a very long busy day and its not near being over. My reputation on here and other forums has Never had Anything negative on it, so I tend to be a bit irritable when I do see something even remotely close.

I totally understand. I am not trying to be negative, but I am dissappointed. I was looking forward to meeting with and working with you. I can totally relate to long hrs. I am an accountant and just finished working 7 days a week, 12-15 hour days for 3 months. The guy I spoke to this morning said the same thing. he was in the shop until 1am! At least what you get to do is fun and you get to be creative!

You know what? Give me a call when you have a chance, I want to ask your opinion on my amp scenario. Maybe I can still go with an ARC amp. Right now I am having the wiring done and the installer is going to see if the Focals will fit. We decided to keep the car looking stock so no components or at least not the normally way. We were initially going all Alpine, with s series 4x6 in the dash and 61/2 r series in the back with an Alpine 4 channel. Maybe there is a better amp for my purposes. he is going to see what he can fit and thengive me a few estimatess so that I can pick the best option.

You know what? Give me a call when you have a chance, I want to ask your opinion on my amp scenario. Maybe I can still go with an ARC amp. Right now I am having the wiring done and the installer is going to see if the Focals will fit. We decided to keep the car looking stock so no components or at least not the normally way. We were initially going all Alpine, with s series 4x6 in the dash and 61/2 r series in the back with an Alpine 4 channel. Maybe there is a better amp for my purposes. he is going to see what he can fit and thengive me a few estimatess so that I can pick the best option.

which number was yours? 538 one?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

3.5Max6spd

10+ year member
yo mama no wear no draws
3.5Max6spd
Dirty Jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied