understanding how to get quality sound

kwitcherbichin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
by the title i am obviously reffering to the stereo and the components and so on. well as of right now i have the RF components in the front doors and the rear doors. the back set isnt the components but there a decent set. they speakers sound alright but i am to **** picky for my own good. what could i do to either make these sound better or what other set of components would be for nice and clean quality without spending a **** ton of monies. could i possibly throw an amp on them to make them have a lil less distortion or would they sound the same but just a lil louder. how much does an amp contribute to how speakers sound. is it worth it putting money for an amp for the components. how much does a head unit contribute to the quality. whats a good quality head unit. are EQs worth buying.

any info on this would be greatly appreciated... ty all

Most of the distortion you are hearing is from the piss poor amplifier built into your h/u. Like norizzle said, adding a quality external amplifier makes a night and day difference. Not just with output potential, but with sound quality as well.

alright well what would a quality amp be for these speakers. the sundown 150x4 or w.e? or is that just a loud amp not built for quality. i dont know much about this one so its a new ball park for me. you all have seen what i build lol so its not exactly what you call quality sometimes.

but let me know about a nice amp that would work for these speakers.

get an amp and you will be 10x happier, i promise. what are they rated for?
as far as the ratings im not sure cause i cant find them on the net without doin a search cause rockford updated there components so there not on there to just click on but ill find out later.

amplify them, and seal and deaden the doors they are in. Good strong mounting can do wonders. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

amplify them, and seal and deaden the doors they are in. Good strong mounting can do wonders. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
X2 on that... a good install with good clean power can make any speakers sound at least decent

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.