Duel Input terminal blocks

CrazyKenKid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
So I got boarded at work, while I was on night shift so I decided to design and make some duel inputs for an amp and i thought i would show you guys some pics! Also I will be giving 2 sets of these to Jacob for spl testing and what not! take a look let me know what you like and most importantly dislike and how i can improve the design.

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

please note the flat also! i will be making a left and right hand version those are the left hand in the pic and also note the wire clamps in with 1/4 set screws!

Dam wish i had the tools to make that kind of stuff, very nice work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

to give you my honest opinion on the product, i'm going to need about 4 of them;)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

They look very nice! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Making them from one piece means a lot of machining. Drill/ream a hole, and press the appropriate sized dowel in instead. Would be much faster, and less material wasted.

A more compact version would simply have a bolt/stud mounted to it that multiple wires could be fastened to using terminals.

If you want to get really fancy, buy a can of that plasti-kote dip that's meant to rubberize tool handles. This would make them less prone to shorting out due to accidental contact with something they shouldn't touch.

thanks man i will keep this in mind for the next set i make up!

the only issue i may have with the dowel is machining the flat on it

and thanks again and i love the idea of rubbing them!!

thanks everyone for your input! and viewing

now if anyone would like a set for 30$ shipped please p/m me and i will get a list made up of how many i have to make and go from there!! thanks again!

or e-mail me at kpalesh@hotmail.com

I would like 4 of those. For my crossfire vr4000D. I would just need only one input on each tho. 1/0 Inputs for Knu wire. I think this amp has like 2 gauge inputs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.