Understanding Boxes... and putting 2 15" L7's in a 94 Accord

Well first off, every little variation makes a difference on everything. Examples: What kind of subs you have and how much juice ya givin them. How big your enclosure will be(how much space your willing to give up). And finally what the heck its goin in.

Tuning is determined by port size on a ported box, on sealed it goes by box size, I think. Im no pro @ sealed boxes because Ive always had larger vehicles. Not sure how to get a desired tuning w/ sealed.

On the other hand Im a pretty big kicker fan and Ive heard alotta solo barics. On an accord w/ 2 15L7's you are probably not gonna have enough room to go ported, wouldnt sound as good as it could. 1.75 to 2 cubes per sub sealed would be good tho....Hope this helps....

u cant tune sealed boxes....thats why they are sealed...you would need a good 3 cubic feet per sub...so ported would be all of your trunk.....if you could get 6 cubes out of it.....i'm not familiar with the measurements but if you send them to me i'll be more than happy to design a box....custom boxes are always better sounding than prefab....

answers to your questions

1) you have to measure the width x height x depth of the box and also the size of the port.

2)sealed boxes have no tuning

3) larger sealed boxes are gonna be boomier (as in no punch just loud) and smaller are gonna be more punchier

Okay Trigger. Sorry about that.
1.)Okay... how do you determine what a box is tuned at?

2.) Also if a box is sealed does that mean it is not tuned?

3.)If not with a sealed box does different size sealed boxes sound better than others?
1.) Port surface area, port length, and box size all determine tuning on a ported box.

2.) A sealed box is not "tuned" as it is sealed. Tuning a certain frequency requires a port.

3.) And yes/no. Smaller sealed boxs will normally give you a "punchier" sound. And larger sealed boxs will appear "warmer" in the simplest terms. Larger sealed boxes give more low end extension, so louder deeper notes.

But a sealed box can't match the output or low frequency extension potential of a ported enclosure.

First of I"d like to say thanks guys. I have a better understanding of this stuff now.

I planned on building a box inside my trunk to get the best result for these subs... I know it isn't going to be easy. I cant quiet remember the dimensions of my trunk but I do remember I ended up around 8cu ft, but that's not including the port (if I go ported...I would like too because I like RAP!!BASS!!), speaker displacement and I would need room for my right angled screw driver to get in there to build the box.

Having said that I was going to try to aim for 3.0cu ft per sub if possible not including the port and ect.

BTW do you guys use screws to build boxes? I didn't see many in some of the box builds?

To the guy that was talking about creating a box design Thank you and I'm @ college now and wont be home untill tomorrow... I will remeasure and check everything again then post the dimensions and available room. Also I will take pictures. lol and yes Trigger the box I redid.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I plan on getting a Hifonics BXI2008D Amp . I know its low end amp, but just don't got the dough now in college... lol quiet frankly that amp seems a bit much for me.

It does 2000 rms @ 1ohm stable... my subs will be wires down to 1ohm and 2000rms between both. Sounded like a good match.

I'd like to see this pulled off; coming from another accord owner (1997 2 door ex)
Me too! I know its going to be hard, but I guarantee Ill be the only 94-97 accord in my town with 2 15" L7's:D. I'll admit bragging comes into play a bit with this plan.

i say go with 1 15, i had 2 twelves in my old accord and it took up the whole trrunk
Realistically I should go with one sub in the correct ported box, but I just want 2 15"s. I planned on it taking up most of my trunk. Its going to be a project no doubt!

Okay Trigger. Sorry about that.
1.)Okay... how do you determine what a box is tuned at?

2.) Also if a box is sealed does that mean it is not tuned?

3.)If not with a sealed box does different size sealed boxes sound better than others?
answering your questions!!!

ok to determine what a box is tuned at this is the formula

Code:
LV= [(1.463 x 10^7 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463xR
now go here which is where i initially got the formula from tells you all you need to know on tunning.

http://www.clubknowledge.com/Car_Audio_FAQ/?t16

now to determine INTERNAL VOLUME its LxWxH in INCHES then divide by 1728

now sealed boxes are NOT tuned. hence the name sealed.

third question....

The size of a sealed box can easilly be determined by your driver and how much power you will give them. Less power than rated=bigger sealed rated power or more= smaller

answering your questions!!!
ok to determine what a box is tuned at this is the formula

Code:
LV= [(1.463 x 10^7 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463xR
now go here which is where i initially got the formula from tells you all you need to know on tunning.

http://www.clubknowledge.com/Car_Audio_FAQ/?t16

now to determine INTERNAL VOLUME its LxWxH in INCHES then divide by 1728

now sealed boxes are NOT tuned. hence the name sealed.

third question....

The size of a sealed box can easilly be determined by your driver and how much power you will give them. Less power than rated=bigger sealed rated power or more= smaller

Dang man Thanks! Okay would you recommend a sealed box for me? 94 honda accord has a real small trunk. Also what size box would you build for 2 15" L7's? Ill be throwing 2000rms @ them @ 1ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.