underdash neons

I just put neons in the vents of my dash, not under it, thats about as close as i got. I have pics if ya want em.

Personally I like the look of neons installed in the front of a seat. The light projecting from under the seat looks so much nicer to me. Here is a picture of a StreetGlow 9" green Mini-Accent neon tube in said installation....

08130012.JPG

You should use a relay and a small amp fuse for the relay... also, check out computer mod shops like http://www.svc.com and http://www.xoxide.com for cheap cold cathode kits... the light is separate from the bulb in these pc kits and they are cheap as hell.
Also being a computer enthusiast to. Cold Cathode lights are bright as hell compared to neons from the reviews ive read of them. LIke nearly twice as bright in some cases. And they dont produce any heat whatsoever compared to the slight heat produced by neons.

ok, heres the pics, sorry for the delay.

1. The first one is when i first pulled the dash apart.

The second one is me attaching the lights to the inside of the vents. That white stuff is paper folded into wedges to put some pressure on the lights (thank you super-glue).

The third pic is of me mounting the transistors (?) into the glove compartment. the wires have been cleaned up more sence, and i vacuumed it out too.

The fourth pic is when im all done, this was taken at about 3 pm in a sunny day, so theyre actually alot brighter at night.

Post any pics, comments or suggestions please. I'm always open to feedback.

i have 8 12" red neons in my car, 2 under the front dash, 2 under the front seats lighting up the back, and 4 in the trunk....

ill get some puts posted up for you when i get a chance...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sk24iam

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
sk24iam
LI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date