umm, terrible bass.. why?

You have a ported box, tuned pretty low with a steep drop off.

I wins. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i think this is the most detailed question ever
More detailed than some //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Box specs..

Alright..

2.5 cubes

33hz

has two 4" PVC ports

Yeah.. that might help..

Alpine type R 12", Power Acoustik 3000d.. at 2ohms.

The amp is "rated" at 1300w at 2ohms, so I set the gains to 51v... (I turned it down to 45 (1000w) and the output was exactly the same.. Just quieter. So the same as in good for "heavy" bass bad for "light" bass)

so it plays rap good but metal no? IMO there's nothing wrong with it. Metal doesn't normally have a lot of low bass so I think it could just be an eq problem.

Hmmm BUT... This is only with this new box... My last box. Was 2.5 cubes tuned to 33hz, but it was a slot port and was ported back, not into the cab...

and it played metal loudly... Same with even "mid range" stuff.. Like That one song by Flaming Lips, battle fo the Pink Robots?.. That pretty quiet.. Like my comps play it just as loud, and they are running on

well you answered your own question......IT'S PORT PLACEMENT!!!!! DING DING!!!!

If your old+new boxes had the same specs just the port's different it's obviously where the port is facing. If you have the old box just use it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.