uh oh

dumple
5,000+ posts

What's in your trunk?
Philly
so this afternoon im going to get in my car from after school i notice my midbass isnt playing i turn my hu off and drive home i get home i turn the car off then back on and still no sounds so i open up the hood one of the posts on my CB was burnt and the wire was loose so i took that off and crimped on a new ring terminal now everything is back in what i think looks like working order cept it aint the amp still doesnt turn on not even protection led comes on is it just the post on the cb needs a good cleaning or what i really dont wanna hear i blew my brand new amp

does everything else in your car still work? if so then your battery is fine. check your fuses for your power wire and your amp fuses, if those are good then take your wires off your battery post and clean it with a wire brush and get it lookin new. get back to us after youve done that

yea everything but my amp for my midbass i dont have a fuse i have a circuit breaker the amp fuse is fine and the wires on the post are fine im thinkin its the CBs post thats fuggin everything up

yea everything but my amp for my midbass i dont have a fuse i have a circuit breaker the amp fuse is fine and the wires on the post are fine im thinkin its the CBs post thats fuggin everything up
So your other amp/amps are working? If so use the wiring from one of them to test it.

I only have midbass right now i have another amp but im hesitant to plug it in i dont want to (if this one is toast) fry another

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
I only have midbass right now i have another amp but im hesitant to plug it in i dont want to (if this one is toast) fry another
Oh ok I saw that you hava a sub amp listed in your sig. So when you said that only your mid amp wasn't working I assumed that you other amp still worked, and maybe using the wires from your sub amp to test your mid amp could eliminate bad wiring.

If you were to use the leads from your sub amp and you mid amp powered up then you would have found your problem

its cool im waiting for my pop to get home with the dmm and ill test voltages and what not through out the car im gunna do at amp throught the cb any where else i should check??

all my voltages are 14.1 like they should be and my remote turn on voltage is 12ish but still doesnt turn on its not the cb cuz i checked from the post to the battery and it ran 14.1 i opend her up didnt see/smell anything cooked couild it just be really cold?

invest in a dmm and check it alll //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dumple

5,000+ posts
What's in your trunk?
dumple
Philly
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date