Two JL 8W7 vs two JL 12W3v2

I'm going to sound a bit like a n00b for a second here so bear with me.

How would you compare two 8W7s vs two 12W3v2s? Consider the box will be built at 36Hz for either setup. The amp will be a JL 500/1. My concern about this is space. The box my current setup has is almost 3cu ft (external measures) and takes up more than half of my trunk. The two 8s will drop me down to 1.8cu ft and fit snug between the wheel wells. The other concern I have is loss of SPL going to the 8s. The W7s have a longer excursion and can be tuned quite low with no problems. I have both 8s and 12s already (boxes are not built yet), so any input on this would be fantastic.

if space is a concern... the 8's should do you well. those are some killer 8 inch subs. Why dont you build a box and try both of them, then decide what you like best?

I have the option to do just that. I'm protyping a box built by a local company. They've never built a box for two 8W7s so the this one will be free. They are the ones who built the box you see in my avatar and they've perfected a fabrication process which allows them to cut and build the boxes without involving a person cutting the wood in the process. The first time human hands touch the box is to put the speakers in. I can't post pictures of the boxes until they release them publically. However, you may already have seen them. I'll post more info about this when I can.

i dont get the point of that but ok, id just put the 8w7's in the rear deck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Go with the 2 8's, you will save space, and saving space will allow you to increase airflow. I've got a vid of my buddy's 8" W7, hit me up on aim and ill send it to ya.

AIM: AL5912

1 12 inch brahma:laugh:
That gets my vote.
mine to. it would kill the 8's as far as output, but there still pretty **** nice. its really up to you. ive only heard one of the 8's and it was sealed though, so i guess thats not all that fair of judgment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Spr0ket

10+ year member
0/1
Spr0ket
Just to the right of hell proper
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date