Two choices

Participant count
  • Participant list

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
After I've studied a lot of combos on paper I have narrowed down to two. The only difference I see is the price gap.

The set-up is:

2010 Scion tC

Alpine HU

Alpine KTP-445

Hertz ESK splits

Hertz DSK Coax

Alpine MRP-M500

2 JL 12W0v2s

Pre fab vented box

Its time for a upgrade, I've looked around on Scion forums and came to the conclusion the stock electrical will handle up the 1500 with no problems but I'm going with 1200.

I'm starting my box build this weekend, 3.6 at 32HZ and 38si of port.

Choice #1

Audioque AQ1200D

2 Street Duty SDC2.5-12-D4 Subwoofers

RF 4AWG kit

Kinetik 1400

Big 3

$950.00

Choice #2

Sundown SAX-1200D

2 IA Lethal Injection 12s

RF $AWG kit

No electrical upgrade

$900.00

If I really dont need to change electrical the I thing the IAs will be better BUT if I dont the AQs are only about $600.00.

Tell me what you think, I'm pretty set on these choices for availability reasons

The Kinetik will be a replacement.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Even if its on 12v not getting the full 1200? They do both rate at 14v right.

I would add the Kinetic as a second battery in the back and grab some KCA 1/0 for a run to the back. the KCA runs like 2 bucks a foot. Even so if you decide to do the 4ga kit knu sells a kit for 40 bucks ish.

If I were you I would also tune to 30.

The big 3 is also a must for this.

If thats the case I'll go with the AQ set-up. I have never heard the AQs in person, what kind of sound will they produce compared to my W0s. I listen to hip-hop, punk and some metal?

with 1200rms most cars today are ok without a extra battery.

i would def run 0 to the rear of the car if ur planning on keeping that way when ya go bigger or wanna run a lil rear battery ur ok. the big 3 is cheap and can be done pretty ez.

you want to make a system that is ez to build on. buy a 1200rms stackable amp and a good 12" sub with a ported box. soif you want to get louder you just need another sub then can grab another amp. ur 0g will be already ran for you to put a 2nd rear battery.

only thing you will have to get rid of is the box for a dual.

i 12" and 1200rms in a trunk car done well can ezly do 142-143dbs legal... just my .02 cents

Thanks for all the inputs.. I was thinking about the one sub option but do a single Fi BL15 but i just cant get the box big enough for it. UNLESS i do upfire and wall off the trunk to keep the sound form bouncing back down. 1 12 would work!

I like setup 2. You dont need no extra batteries for 1200wrms. I ran 1400 on a stock 90a alternator with an OEM battery and no big 3 and never got any dimming what so ever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.