two 8s vs one 12?

yeah i was just thinking that. thinking of getting an icon now because they seem pretty nice idk how much of an upgrade it'd be. main reason i was thinking skar was because i like the lows like the real lows
The Icon's are nice I would personally get a TC Sounds epic 12 for the lows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why everyone has this predetermined notion that SKAR's are the best subs in the world when it comes to lows and that all other subs will not stack up.

If anything, I would think the SKAR's would not be a sub geared towards lows because of the thin surround, which would begin to wear and tear at higher excursion levels.

The Icon's are nice I would personally get a TC Sounds epic 12 for the lows.
yeah those were both a little out of my price range though so i just went with the skar
I don't understand why everyone has this predetermined notion that SKAR's are the best subs in the world when it comes to lows and that all other subs will not stack up.
If anything, I would think the SKAR's would not be a sub geared towards lows because of the thin surround, which would begin to wear and tear at higher excursion levels.
well i guess we'll find out

well do they still get lows pretty nicely?

also how much can a skar realistically take? i feel like it won't take as much as my sundown did
Yes they still get low. Just saying other subs can do the same....Skar is not the end all sub for lows

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving a Skar as much power as an SA...but that's just me. I never run rated power to my equipment anyway. I think the Skars are somewhat underrated though. A guy about an hour from me claims he's giving his vvx 15s 1500rms each daily....even though I haven't gone and checked it out yet.

How much power are u planning on?

there are a lot of subs out there that in the right box will get down real low. Mine destroys lows and it's almost entirely do to the box being designed for lows, it still plays up higher fine too

The 12 has about 12-13 sq.in. more cone area. That probably won't make that much of a difference in the amount of air they can move. One 12 would probably be the more efficient solution (400w rms apiece for the 8s, 600w rms for the 12).

However, you'll need a little less space for the 8s, which is always nice, especially since a Mustang doesn't have the biggest trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jsluss17

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
jsluss17
Scottsdale, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date