Two 8"s or a single 10"??

dirtypwntang
10+ year member

I'm looking to buy a subwoofer for my car, and I'm already quite set on the elemental designs K series... My question is: should I get two of the 8" 9kv2s for $100 (they're apparently on pre-production pricing) or a single 10" 11kv2 for $115? I would like to go bigger, but the trunk on my Ford Mustang is a PAIN to fit a decent 12" box into.

For this install, I'm leaning further towards SPL than SQ, so I'd like the choice that would probably give me the louder bass.

The two 8"s can take 400wrms total, while the single 10" takes 300wrms. I guess it seems like an obvious choice, I apologize that I'm not very good with audio equipment.

Also, to be sure, the 9kv2 is an 8" and 11kv2 is a 10", correct? Anybody know why ED always adds a number to the sub "sizes" in the names? It throws me off every time...

Thanks ahead of time.

EDIT: Sorry to ask so much in a single thread, but, I'd also like to know what amp would go good with the setup (preferably 2 8"s). Although my previous experience with Lanzar has been CRAP, I find myself leaning in their favor again due to the super low cost. Can anybody recommend a good CHEAP amp (taking into consideration any overrated numbers, so maybe a Lanzar amp that claims 500wrms or so?)

I see. How would they sound in a ported box? The specs for a ported 8" ED is still smaller than my old L7 12" sealed, so I'm fairly certain I could run them ported.

I see. How would they sound in a ported box?
Louder than sealed. Due to the fact they are obviously not out yet, your guess as to how good they actually sound is as good as ours. But, on sheer output, I also would vote for the dual 8's.

For cheap power, US Acoustics and Profile are decent.

a pair of RE 8's might suffice you too. they are very efficient little drivers and get decently loud (or so i hear). think they are around 50-60$ shipped each.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.