Two 12"s Duel vs 1 10" kicker,

OP makes the stupidest threads over and over again.
In this one he talks about not liking his "Duel" which I assume is idiot spelling for the Walmart brand "Dual"

afda740e-5ffc-484f-baa4-7ff43d05a3b0_1.89b8a60ce792e30cafd85449ee6595a0.jpeg

In another thread he complains that the install shop installed his $700 Focal speakers in a way that the window rolls down onto them and he didn't know what to do about it.

He is full of **** and a true *******.

OP - GTFO

Im sorry my spelling is not correct, chill out, seriously, we dont need you negativity here. Ive been diligently researching all my options for my sound system. Yes my question with the focals was a bit retarded but whats the big deal, dont read it if you dont like it. Do you talk to people like this in person? Probably not so dont treat people like that online just because you can hide behind a screen

Im sorry my spelling is not correct, chill out, seriously, we dont need you negativity here. Ive been diligently researching all my options for my sound system. Yes my question with the focals was a bit retarded but whats the big deal, dont read it if you dont like it. Do you talk to people like this in person? Probably not so dont treat people like that online just because you can hide behind a screen
Oh and i might add, that if posted like 5 threads since ive joined. unrelated to each other

How do you have a nice set of Focals and them want to buy brands like Kicker & dual for subs????
This ^^^

Those two do not go hand in hand and set the BS meter off.

And to the OP, yes I do speak to people like this in person.

People I know fall in just 2 groups.

1) people who love the **** out of me and think I am a funny, smart, and awesome individual

2) little snowflakes who get their feeling hurt and think I am a big meanie.

Which group do you think you fall into?

How do you have a nice set of Focals and them want to buy brands like Kicker & dual for subs????
I already had the "duals" and kickers before i got the focals. They were from my previous sound system setup in my truck. So i wanted to give each of them a chance to see how they worked with a bit of tuning. After hours of tuning and positioning i could not get the duals to sound how i wanted. So they will be thrown away or sold. As far as the kicker goes, it still belongs to my truck so i will keep them but will look for other subs to compliment the focals. I just had hopes that either one would be suitable for this application.

This ^^^
Those two do not go hand in hand and set the BS meter off.

And to the OP, yes I do speak to people like this in person.

People I know fall in just 2 groups.

1) people who love the **** out of me and think I am a funny, smart, and awesome individual

2) little snowflakes who get their feeling hurt and think I am a big meanie.

Which group do you think you fall into?
Like i said its easy to hide behind a screen and say whatever you want. It doesnt matter who i am to you. Im here to learn, and eventually give back to the community once ive gained more knowledge on car audio. But your attitude does not inspire a learning environment, infact it stunts the growth of this community and id politely ask you change your "tone". Thank you

I already had the "duals" and kickers before i got the focals. They were from my previous sound system setup in my truck. So i wanted to give each of them a chance to see how they worked with a bit of tuning. After hours of tuning and positioning i could not get the duals to sound how i wanted. So they will be thrown away or sold. As far as the kicker goes, it still belongs to my truck so i will keep them but will look for other subs to compliment the focals. I just had hopes that either one would be suitable for this application.
its because they are garbage in a garbage designed box. Factory boxes arent the best boxes. They are just the bare mimimal for the sub to slightly work. Main thing about factory boxes is they have space saving and minimum materials used in their minds when they design their boxes. Thats to cut down on costs and to have their product fit in small spaces which leads to more customers vs too big and a lot less purchases due to customer's size limitations. They are not optimally designed for performance AT ALL. its all about the dollar to these companies, never the performance when it comes to boxes. hence You need proper enclosure design from people who know what the hell they are doing.

as in this is only a pair of 10s but it can hair trick easily, box specs are FAR from what the manufacturer recommends. A proper Box will take account in the sub's electromechanical parameters along with the vehicle acoustics and cabin gain along with how you will load the sub and how much power you will put onto it.

Calling Jeff out is the most dumbest thing you could do....you deff don't want to argue with him based upon experience in this field. He is one of the few that are still around with a vast majority of car audio knowledge and know how. Esp someone who made a thread on "Duel" subs....Can't even spell right either.

Calling Jeff out is the most dumbest thing you could do....you deff don't want to argue with him based upon experience in this field. He is one of the few that are still around with a vast majority of car audio knowledge and know how. Esp someone who made a thread on "Duel" subs....Can't even spell right either.
Actually jeffs post was the first legit post on here. Im fascinated and will have to look further into this

its because they are garbage in a garbage designed box. Factory boxes arent the best boxes. They are just the bare mimimal for the sub to slightly work. Main thing about factory boxes is they have space saving and minimum materials used in their minds when they design their boxes. Thats to cut down on costs and to have their product fit in small spaces which leads to more customers vs too big and a lot less purchases due to customer's size limitations. They are not optimally designed for performance AT ALL. its all about the dollar to these companies, never the performance when it comes to boxes. hence You need proper enclosure design from people who know what the hell they are doing.
as in this is only a pair of 10s but it can hair trick easily, box specs are FAR from what the manufacturer recommends. A proper Box will take account in the sub's electromechanical parameters along with the vehicle acoustics and cabin gain along with how you will load the sub and how much power you will put onto it.

Thanks jeff! I appreciate your knowledge and insight. It appears instead of focusing so much on what brand and size of sub, i should now direct my attention to enclosures, and perhaps volume available and the layout of my car. It will take some time, but now i have something to research, thanks again and expect to hear from me again.

I thought this was a trolling thread to be completely honest, I just couldn't justify why you would have a great amp, a great head unit, some ****** focal components, but still running 2 12" duals. Haha, but yeah just look on YouTube and some other sites, you can find plenty of tutorials and things to help you decide on what would be best for you. GL!

Don't expect people not to laugh at you what your currently running, for audio.

I care just as much as brands for car audio as the next guy does. It's just as important as an enclosure for subs.

I just laugh when people spend more $$ on wood to build the enclosure than the subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DarkKnightSM

Senior VIP Member
DarkKnightSM
Co Springs
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from