Two 12"s Duel vs 1 10" kicker,

DarkKnightSM

Senior VIP Member
So im trying to find the perfect sub setup, location and what subs best for me. So far ive eliminated the duel 12s. They are garbage. I had them paired with the kicker iq 1000.5 and i will say they are loud. But the quality, accuracy and frequency response lacks, in another words they are slop, garbage, i dont like em. Ive tried the rear seats, facing the rear of the car and front. I even went to the extreme and put them directly behind my front seats. So then i pulled my single 10 inch sub from my truck and put it directly behind the drivers seat. On the floor. They sound great and kick hard in the location. I beleive that is the exact spot i need my subs, the vibration transmits directly to through the seat instead of vibrating the whole car before it would get to me. It seems senseless to sounddeaden the whole car for over powered subs in the trunk. Why dont more people but subs directly behind their seats. I get the vibrations can be a bit intense but its simple as turning the bass down.

So other then that, have you guys done something similar to this, did you like it. Can you make subs in the trunk kick and sound as subs directly behind the front seat? If im to get subs to go directly behind the seats, whats the best saving design of a box to go behind the seat. I should mention i want the bass to vibrate through my back, not my ***, so i dont think id install an undertheseat sub. I also played with the idea of using a tactile transducer or bass shaker to compliment whatever sub i have in the car

Simple solution, sell everything, and go get your **** installed from a guy who knows what he's doing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I dont think anything you've experienced is anywhere close to intense as what we encounter on the daily.

zx2build011-3.jpg

Simple solution, sell everything, and go get your **** installed from a guy who knows what he's doing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
John Kuthe...

I dont think anything you've experienced is anywhere close to intense as what we encounter on the daily.
zx2build011-3.jpg
Its all relative bud. Theres intense, then theres extreme over the top unnessesary. But yes i have to experience some more setups for myself. But it seems everyone just wants to troll, thanks guys. Now someone tell me how to delete threads so i dont need to read any more of this stupidity.

Every sub is going to be enclosure dependent. If you have the 12" subs in a prefab box that is incorrect for them of course it is not going to sound as good as a factory sub/enclosure combo

Every sub is going to be enclosure dependent. If you have the 12" subs in a prefab box that is incorrect for them of course it is not going to sound as good as a factory sub/enclosure combo
So heres my super noob moment. Prefab is when the sub comes made with the box out of the factory right? Where as custom box is made by an individual? But if prefab comes from the factory then how could th enclosure be incorrect, wouldnt the company build the box correctly?

So heres my super noob moment. Prefab is when the sub comes made with the box out of the factory right? Where as custom box is made by an individual? But if prefab comes from the factory then how could th enclosure be incorrect, wouldnt the company build the box correctly?
pre loaded are ok. they just dont brace, round corners, kerf ports, 45's, bracing. The build quality is not top of the line. the specs of the box will be fine though

Prefab boxes are the pile of random boxes that sit in a shop or at best buy that they put any sub of that size in. Most of the time the dont have enough air space and port volume. They also try to make up for the in efficiency of the box by tuning very high. They can get loud but usualy on a very narrow bandwith. Some factory preloaded enclosures are not much better. A custom box takes into account what vehicle and user goals are and what the sub requires to get the best response. If you have building skill but lack design knowledge there are a few really good designers that will give you what you need.

Pre fab is something cheap you'll find on ebay, swap meet, etc. Putting any sub in most these results in shit. Factory box is one made from a audio company for their specific subs (i.e. RF, Kicker, etc). Custom is just that, custom built.

OP makes the stupidest threads over and over again.

In this one he talks about not liking his "Duel" which I assume is idiot spelling for the Walmart brand "Dual"

afda740e-5ffc-484f-baa4-7ff43d05a3b0_1.89b8a60ce792e30cafd85449ee6595a0.jpeg

In another thread he complains that the install shop installed his $700 Focal speakers in a way that the window rolls down onto them and he didn't know what to do about it.

He is full of **** and a true *******.

OP - GTFO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DarkKnightSM

Senior VIP Member
DarkKnightSM
Co Springs
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from