Two 12" L5 wiring problems. (Diagram)

Participant count
  • Participant list
As the title stated I have two 12's, they are 4 ohm DVC l5's.

>sonicelectronix com/item_11355_Kicker-Solo-Baric-L5-08S12L54.html

Specs say they handle about 600 rms and 1200 peak. I am powering them with a Hifonics Hifi1500d amp, it is a 1 channel class d mono amp. It is rated for 1 ohms, which is what I want to run the subs at since they are not hitting as hard as I'd like.

>sonicelectronix com/item_22707_Hifonics-HFi1500D.html

Now currently I have them wired as the diagram on the kicker website says, which on the kicker site which states they would be at 4 ohms with the coils in parallel and woofers in series. I want to drop them down to 1 ohm, but where I run into the issue is I have the box to go through as well.

It looks like this, and no other diagrams I can find say anything about the posts having the dots on them.

Kicker says that is 2 4 ohm DVC subs running at 4 ohm correct?

Now can someone please explain how to drop them down to 1 Ohm, ever diagram I see is just them wiring it out of a box or in a ported box, or different than the last one. It's ridiculous.

I appreciate the time.

Wire pos to neg for each coil on each woofer, run a pos/neg from 1 woofer to the other and run a pos/neg to the amp from the same coil that connects the subs

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Or google "crutchfield wiring diagrams"

21ab4b14bec469798b17bdf773d206e5_zpsc9de747e.jpg

So like this then? If so I tried this way and it did not work, and by this I am referring to the diagram I've made myself. I thought I made it apparent the other diagrams that depict the wiring without a box cause me a great deal of confusion. pls halp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.