two 10's, or one 12?

Dirtydave289
10+ year member

I know *nothing* about subs/amps/etc and I need some help..

There's two packages I'm looking at that are very cheap..One comes with a Bazooka ELA100.2 Amp and a XS-L124P5B 12" sub

It also comes with a box, wiring, etc. but those two seem like the main things ^

Is that setup any good?

There's also another package from Visonik with two 10" subs and an amp with box/wiring kit included as well.

The Visonik doesn't have any model numbers or anything for the subs/amps so I can't really look up a review or anything for them..

I'm new here and not sure if I can post links, but if you'd like to see the links just let me know I'm allowed to.

Also, if this is in the wrong section, just move it please, I didn't put it in the Amp/Sub sections because it was about a whole package, thanks!

Not a lot, maybe 250ish tops for everything

I'll do the install with my dad but I'm not looking for anything crazy at all, just more bass than the Pioneer speakers I have now. As long as it sounds better than my plain old speakers I'm happy lol.

sup/amp/box/wiring

That's why I was looking at a package, they have everything and are cheap, and as long as they can hit better than my speakers now, they work for me. I guess I have like two questions.

Will they hit better than my Pioneer speakers? I have two 6x9s on the rear deck and two like 5ish's up front

And, out of the two, crappy they may be, which is less crappy haha?

in the right enclosure, and the right sub my single 12 is louder than my 3 10's were. save up a little and find a nice 12 and a good amp. youll save weight and space and be just as loud.

Save up and buy stuff separately. Package deals aren't that great IMO. I say save up because in the future you'll probably wanna upgrade, so invest something big and don't have to look back.

sup/amp/box/wiringThat's why I was looking at a package, they have everything and are cheap, and as long as they can hit better than my speakers now, they work for me. I guess I have like two questions.

Will they hit better than my Pioneer speakers? I have two 6x9s on the rear deck and two like 5ish's up front

And, out of the two, crappy they may be, which is less crappy haha?
That's what I thought when I started building my first system. So I settled on a pair of Legacy 8's in a bandpass box. Did they have better bass than my stock speakers? Yes. Were the worth the money I spent on them? Phuck no.

If $250 is honestly your max budget, here's what I would put together:

Sub: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Pioneer-TS-W307D4-12-1200-Watt-Subwoofer_W0QQitemZ150279110576QQihZ005QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem $65

Amp: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-ZEUS-600-WATT-2-CHANNEL-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQitemZ300247445561QQihZ020QQcategoryZ39732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem $140

4 guage wiring kit from wal-mart: $20

Build your own box $30

Another decent subwoofer in that price range is the Alpine Type S. But if I were you I would save up. Double your spending limit and you're just starting to get into decent equipment. Another tip is to buy used!

SuperAdam, everyone tells me that I'll want to upgrade haha, but I don't think I ever will, I'm happy with what I have now but if I can add just a little bass for 250, I'm down

That's what I thought when I started building my first system. So I settled on a pair of Legacy 8's in a bandpass box. Did they have better bass than my stock speakers? Yes. Were the worth the money I spent on them? Phuck no.

Sub: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Pioneer-TS-W307D4-12-1200-Watt-Subwoofer_W0QQitemZ150279110576QQihZ005QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Amp: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-ZEUS-600-WATT-2-CHANNEL-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQitemZ300247445561QQihZ020QQcategoryZ39732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Build your own box $30

Another decent subwoofer in that price range is the Alpine Type S.
To this day my 2 type s 10" was one of my fav. systems I have owned

Sub: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Pioneer-TS-W307D4-12-1200-Watt-Subwoofer_W0QQitemZ150279110576QQihZ005QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Amp: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-ZEUS-600-WATT-2-CHANNEL-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQitemZ300247445561QQihZ020QQcategoryZ39732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Build your own box $30

Another decent subwoofer in that price range is the Alpine Type S.
Well, honesty I'd probably be alright with spending around 300 but I kinda want to stay down around 250

Is using that sub/amp you showed me a helluva lot better as far as bass/sound goes than the package?

Well, honesty I'd probably be alright with spending around 300 but I kinda want to stay down around 250Is using that sub/amp you showed me a helluva lot better as far as bass/sound goes than the package?
seriously, save up a couple more weeks, months, however long it would take to get something quality. you WILL want to upgrade, trust us. weve all been involved in this addiction long enough haha.

and yes i said addiction, not hobby haha

seriously, save up a couple more weeks, months, however long it would take to get something quality. you WILL want to upgrade, trust us. weve all been involved in this addiction long enough haha.
and yes i said addiction, not hobby haha
Pioneer TS-W307D4 12"

HIFONICS ZEUS 600 WATT 2 CHANNEL AMP

Is that quality? with a homemade box and wally world wiring kit?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dirtydave289

10+ year member
Dirtydave289
Newnan, Georgia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from