Tweets in the dash?

Participant count
  • Participant list

maylar
10+ year member

Electrical Weenie
Connecticut
I have a set of Kicker RS5 components to install soon. I don't really wanna cut more holes in the doors for tweets, so I was intending to run the comps in "coaxial mode", with the tweeters attached to the mids. But since my 3.5's in the dash have become fuzzy, I'm wondering if I should just put the tweeters in there instead. It'd make a hella clean install.

Has anyone put tweeters in their dash, pointed up at the windshield? And if so, how did it sound?

Originally posted by maylar I have a set of Kicker RS5 components to install soon. I don't really wanna cut more holes in the doors for tweets, so I was intending to run the comps in "coaxial mode", with the tweeters attached to the mids. But since my 3.5's in the dash have become fuzzy, I'm wondering if I should just put the tweeters in there instead. It'd make a hella clean install.

Has anyone put tweeters in their dash, pointed up at the windshield? And if so, how did it sound?
my friend did that with his tweeters in his cutlass and it sounds good

I've done the same in my Cutlass before....I used a mitre saw to make a 45 degree MDF mounting ring so the tweeters were aimed at me instead of the windshield, sounded pretty da*n good.

Originally posted by maylar I have a set of Kicker RS5 components to install soon. I don't really wanna cut more holes in the doors for tweets, so I was intending to run the comps in "coaxial mode", with the tweeters attached to the mids. But since my 3.5's in the dash have become fuzzy, I'm wondering if I should just put the tweeters in there instead. It'd make a hella clean install.

I'm doing that in my USACi advanced pro car with Koda's.

Done properly, it can do darn well...

Originally posted by Gauntlet I've done the same in my Cutlass before....I used a mitre saw to make a 45 degree MDF mounting ring so the tweeters were aimed at me instead of the windshield, sounded pretty da*n good.
Thanks bro, that's exactly what I was intending to do.
God, I love this place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

maylar

10+ year member
Electrical Weenie
maylar
Connecticut
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date