Tweeters wired in parallel with loudspeakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pak71382

Hey everyone. Despite having sometime off work I’m tackling projects around the house and keeping myself busy. Hope everyone is well. I have a 2011 Silverado extended cab. I recently upgraded my truck’s door speakers in the front doors. I went with Skar midrange/loud speakers. They sound great. I have a taramps 400 watt 4 channel amp running the door speakers, tweeters and rear door speakers. It’s clear and loud. But I have a question about the stock tweeters in the a pillars. They are the factory tweeters and they are wired in parallel with the door speakers from the factory. Being that the skar’s and the tweets are 4 ohm I wired them at 2 ohm load on my amp. But after doing some reading recently, some people were saying that if tweeters are wired in parallel with Coaxials or door speakers they should be wired at a 4 ohm load. I’ve heard tweeters wired in parallel will actually see very little power from the amplifier while most of the power would be going to the actually door speaker. So is it ok being they are wired at 2 ohms? Or should I wire them to 4 ohms at the amp? Thanks in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.