rca cables

Participant count
  • Participant list

1992 Corvette

CarAudio.com Newbie
First of all I would like to say I dont have alot of experience at this, so pardon my ignorance. That being said: I recently tried to install a self powered sub (memphis) to my car radio (kenwood) I ran my power,ground,and remote wire and connected rca cables to radio. All my connections are good I have power at the power wire coming from battery, also at the remote turn on wire. The light on my self powered sub is on. There is a red and a white jack for the rca's on the self powered sub (it is in an enclosed box) when I plug both rca cables in Im not getting any sound. I can however unplug one cable and the sub plays fine (to my untrained ear).
Again I realize I dont have a thousand dollar system in my car and Im not a pro at this,but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Have you tried switching the RCA cables to see if both work, when you only plug in one.? If one of them doesn't work, try new RCA cables, as one might be shorting out or have other issues.
If that doesn't work, do as another member suggested. Use a Y -adapter where the cables enter the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.