Tweeters make a crackling noise when unlocking door.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I would try another ground point to start with, and maybe use a larger ground wire.I use a minimum of 4 ga ground wire.Might want to place another solid ground wire on the HU also,as several issues of bad grounding is caused by the plug and play HU adapter/harness.Just add to the ground wire on the HU to a solid ground point should help.May try that first.Had that issue with a BMW install

Head unit ground is to the frame, I was thinking it could not be the amp ground because the door and tweeters are connected to the 4 channel amp, and only the tweeters are making the noise.

Head unit ground is to the frame, I was thinking it could not be the amp ground because the door and tweeters are connected to the 4 channel amp, and only the tweeters are making the noise.
If the HU has a solid ground..Next is the amps ground to rule that out next..Could possibly be your RCAs as well be next thing to check..Process of elimination..Could take you a while to go through.Have you done the Big 3?Thats another excellent grounding situation as well as keeping your voltage up..something to consider if it hasnt been done

Those 80 PRS HUs are very picky..Id still try/or check your ground on it.Try another location even..Process of elimination..takes time

Sounds like Its coming from your source/HU thats where Id start at.
Just checked the HU and Amp ground they are metal to metal, I also unhooked the right side tweeter from the amp and the noise went away, when I hook it back up it comes out both tweeters??? Why?

Are you running Active or passive crossovers? Did you unplug any RCAs from your amp or hooked them up with your HU in operation at all?Your amps bought second hand or BNIB?Did you wire any of your speaker wires up or power/ground or remote wiring or RCAs while the HU was on?

Are you running Active or passive crossovers? Did you unplug any RCAs from your amp or hooked them up with your HU in operation at all?Your amps bought second hand or BNIB?Did you wire any of your speaker wires up or power/ground or remote wiring or RCAs while the HU was on?
I did unplug and plug the rca's in with the headunit on.. How do I check the tweeter with ddm, If you don't mind. Thanks

I did unplug and plug the rca's in with the headunit on.. How do I check the tweeter with ddm, If you don't mind. Thanks
Positive terminal to positive, negative terminal to negative with your DMM to the voicecoil of the tweeter. Like any normal testing application with any speaker. Set dial to ohm, 20? Dependent on your type of DMM.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.