midbass in back deck?

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
So i was thinking. Because midbass freq are omnidirectional. could you have your sub in your trunk, Your midbasses fitted(and enclosed to whatever enclosure works best) in your back deck(or hell even have 6x9s bandpassed to just be midbass) and then the "normal" 6.5 in the doors. 4in midrange/tweeter in the a-pillar(dont even argue a-pillar vs whatever else)

Cross them all over where it all sounds best.

so roughly

sub- 20-150ish

midbass 80-500ish

6.5 *midbass-lower midrange (this would be tricky to figure out where to cross)

4'' lower midrange-high

tweeters-highs.

Anyone seen this done successfully or would we start getting into way too many speakers/way too many reflections. or whatever else.

So i was thinking. Because midbass freq are omnidirectional. could you have your sub in your trunk, Your midbasses fitted(and enclosed to whatever enclosure works best) in your back deck(or hell even have 6x9s bandpassed to just be midbass) and then the "normal" 6.5 in the doors. 4in midrange/tweeter in the a-pillar(dont even argue a-pillar vs whatever else)
Cross them all over where it all sounds best.

so roughly

sub- 20-150ish

midbass 80-500ish

6.5 *midbass-lower midrange (this would be tricky to figure out where to cross)

4'' lower midrange-high

tweeters-highs.

Anyone seen this done successfully or would we start getting into way too many speakers/way too many reflections. or whatever else.
mid bass would work...or if you want rear fill use a full range on little power ...deck power is enough ...In my Z/28 I have a single 10" sub ...but I'm considering adding another set of 6" subs as enhancers ...in the rear sail panels...I have a set of Earthquake and a set of JL's to try ...

I run full range 6X9's in my rear deck as rear fill and the extra midbass that they provide is a big part of the overall sound. Just on HU power. With the front stage dominant, I can't localize the rears at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.