tweeter placement.

angrytrucker78
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I'm about to install my Rainbow SLC265 Kicks and was needing some advice/ideas for tweeter position.

I have a 2001 Blazer and was thinking either in the door panel near the mid, or in the pillar firing towards the windshield. The guy at the local Custom SOunds told me to put them in the dash speaker locations to avoid putting holes in anything, while I like the idea of that, I can't imagine it sounding very good.

Grab some industrial strength velcro from Home Depot and play around with the placement until you find the position you think sounds best.

i have a 2001 blaze too, i have a 1" tweeter mounted in front of the inside door handle, you have a wide open space to the right of it. under the power mirror switched the part of the door panel that sticks out i have a 2" tweeter, then in the factory location i have a 6 1/2" coax. all cadence and i'm running everything off a ppi600.4 and this screams..

i have a 2001 blaze too, i have a 1" tweeter mounted in front of the inside door handle, you have a wide open space to the right of it. under the power mirror switched the part of the door panel that sticks out i have a 2" tweeter, then in the factory location i have a 6 1/2" coax. all cadence and i'm running everything off a ppi600.4 and this screams..
alot of people place them on the dash, but i like this idea. good way to not advertise to thieves.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.