Tweeter noise on certain songs? I need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

big12gage

US
90% of the time my music sounds great. The problem I'm seeing is in certain bass heavy songs, the tweeters will try to play the bass and you can hear what sounds like a high pitched rattle nose. Cross overs on Headunit and amp are set, speakers are focal access 6.5" coaxial in all 4. I'm positive it's not coming from the subs. And I have switched out a new pair of speakers to see if the tweeters were blown but i can still hear it. I also bought a new 4 channel amp but I'm still getting the same problem. Any help would appreciated...

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

90% of the time my music sounds great. The problem I'm seeing is in certain bass heavy songs, the tweeters will try to play the bass and you can hear what sounds like a high pitched rattle nose. Cross overs on Headunit and amp are set, speakers are focal access 6.5" coaxial in all 4. I'm positive it's not coming from the subs. And I have switched out a new pair of speakers to see if the tweeters were blown but i can still hear it. I also bought a new 4 channel amp but I'm still getting the same problem. Any help would appreciated...
if you are running active, you might want to raise the crossover point or do a steeper slope with the tweeter.

If you arent running active or any kind of crossovers then there's your problem.

You totally left out every important detail needed to help you like head unit model, how the tweeters, mids and whole system is wired. What crossover points you are using, what slope, what exact song and what exact part of that song does it happen etc..... DETAILS man every thread you spam post is useless without details.

Sorry for lack of details. Headunit is a Kenwood kmm-bt318u. On the HU I've set the crossovers up to 250hz at a 24db slope still no luck. There's a tweeter option but when adding that crossover it didn't help at all and it's only for the front stage. All 4 speakers play it. Amp is now a skar rp75-4 and crossovers are set so it won't blow the mid woofers. The amp use to be a hifonics brutus 616.4... Same problem with both. And I checked all grounds even moved it just to be sure. Theres no more crossovers between the HU or amp, and there's none between the amp and speakers.

There quite a few different songs. I listen to a lot of bass heavy EDM and some rap. I've also heard it on some rock music. Most of it I think gets drown out and on certain songs it shows up more

Sorry for lack of details. Headunit is a Kenwood kmm-bt318u. On the HU I've set the crossovers up to 250hz at a 24db slope still no luck. There's a tweeter option but when adding that crossover it didn't help at all and it's only for the front stage. All 4 speakers play it. Amp is now a skar rp75-4 and crossovers are set so it won't blow the mid woofers. The amp use to be a hifonics brutus 616.4... Same problem with both. And I checked all grounds even moved it just to be sure. Theres no more crossovers between the HU or amp, and there's none between the amp and speakers.
you dont have a proper head unit to run active. That head unit is completely useless for that sorry to say. Better hook the passive crossover back up and just bridge your 4 channel instead. Or get an active capable head unit.

How would I hook the passive crossover back up if all I have is the HPF on the Headunit. And I was looking for a new Headunit. You have any suggestions?

yeah i thought so. your overdriving your amp, and the amp is workin its butt off to supply power/watts to your speakers. a few things,...need a better hu with better xover options involved and/or a more powerful amp. Some HU have 4-5 volts, and those ones you won't have to gain match them as much as you are now.

How would I hook the passive crossover back up if all I have is the HPF on the Headunit. And I was looking for a new Headunit. You have any suggestions?
the passive crossover already does all the crossover sh*t on it, whatever's on the head unit is irrelevant.

IF you want to go active, most pioneer head units can do it. As well as the jvc 340 bts which is only 80 dollars and has 4 volt pre-outs, time alignment and all that jazz.

yeah i thought so. your overdriving your amp, and the amp is workin its butt off to supply power/watts to your speakers. a few things,...need a better hu with better xover options involved and/or a more powerful amp. Some HU have 4-5 volts, and those ones you won't have to gain match them as much as you are now.
its hifonics, more then likely he's still no where near clipping point with how sh*tty they have their petentiometers If he's overdriving or clipping his speakers would have died far long ago especially the tweeter. This is mainly lack of crossovers more than anything.

its hifonics, more then likely he's still no where near clipping point with how sh*tty they have their petentiometers If he's overdriving or clipping his speakers would have died far long ago especially the tweeter. This is mainly lack of crossovers more than anything.
actually mentioned that in his other thread...but hey gimme a little credit. Im getting better

It was hifonics. I thought maybe the amp was acting up, so I got the skar rp75-4 as a quick test but my 4g wire fit nicely and it sounded good so I left the skar hooked up.

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.