tweeter location

Participant count
  • Participant list

redfish8

Banned
us
where would be the best place to mount tweeters in a f-150

also what are good comps that can handle 120rms per speaker and whats a good speaker for the rear for some fill that can handle around 50-75rms

my budget for comps is 150 and rear fill is 100

spend the money on the front stage, skip the rears.

not sure where the best place is for the tweeters in that vehicle. in my car i prefer the kicks.

so i should just spend 250 on the fronts

i think i have 6.5 kickers in the rear now as it is

whats a good comp set for 250 or under

I have my tweeters at the bottom of the A pillar kind of facing the window and pointing towards the opposite side of the truck. That way they bounce off the window. I like them there and feel its a better spot then having them at the top of the A pillar right in your ear. Also if you already have 6.5s in the rear just keep them for the slight rear fill. I have 5 1/4s behind me and find that the truck is full of sound. I have a single cab though.

well i have a supercrew and i am going to have 2 12's l7's ported behind me running off 1500rms and i have a kicker 650.4 for my mids and highs plan on running 120rms to each speaker up front and around 50-75 to rears

how are the kickers 6.5 free air midbass speakers for rear fill do they sound good

I am not sure how they sound..have never delt with them. I will say this though, I have an extra set of tweeters on my dash, the ones I told you about. I have a comp set in the doors and just have a bracket that holds the driver and tweeter behind the door grill. I was told it wouldnt be good to seperate the tweeter from the mid that far so I kept my tweeters on the dash.

2214971_34.jpg

2214971_38.jpg

why not? Ive had it for 3 years. I have my truck in a car show every year and the car show hosts a bikni contest that night. well one year they had a stripper pole on stage and my truck was front row filled with guys and girls...well I looked at my best freind and was like next year Im putting one in the back of my truck and ever since its been a HUGE hit. I like to do things out of the norm and this was a big one. If your wondering it doesnt stay up 24/7. It comes down and slides into a cyclinder under the truck for storage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.