tweet mounting.

lostarc

i have a 95 s-10 blazer 4 door i have a component set for the front and rear doors. i know where i want my drivers but i cannot figure out where to put my tweets (2 front and 2 rear). i know that i am suppose to stay about 6" at the most away from my driver for better sound. but if i have to i will go further out, down, out, up, etc. help i need somebody.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

My set of components from RF said, uh, let me think, I think it said if you cant put them within 2-4 inches, then put them over seven inches from the driver. I cannot remember the exact numbers though. I knew I should not have let that manual blow out the window. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

I wouldn't put my tweets anywhere but in the pillars, its a personal preference. All of my home stereo's have the tweets at or above my ear level, so I like the same thing in my car. Can't stand all the sound coming from by my feet and from behind my head.

Placement of tweeters is totally preferential. I cant tell you how many times I have asked the same question and it seems there are different "professional" answers all the time. Best bet would be get hook up your drivers, get some tape and place the tweeters in different positions so you can figure out what you like best. Trust me I can tell you this is the best way and makes the most sense. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.