Turning a 4 channel into a 2 channel

Participant count
  • Participant list

KyleScha
10+ year member

VA
Ok. This is probably a bit of a newb question. I have a JL300/4 and wondered what would happen if I ditched my rear speakers and made it 150x2.

So I just want to make sure what I did is effectively putting out 150 watts on each speaker.

What I did was bridge the two front channels for the right speaker only, and only plug in the right RCA. I did the same for the rear channel, except I bridged it using the left speaker only. I then plugged the left RCA cable into the left.

Now as long as I keep the gain and crossovers the same, is there anything wrong with this and am I getting 150 watts to each speaker?

Thanks.

it may be a noob question, but you have the right answer. You are my favorite of all the members //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

There is nothing wrong with it at all.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif

Sounds like you did a good job.

And yes, you are getting 150w per side.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.