tuning to different hertz and box volume ?

jds4x4
10+ year member

austin
ok im kinda a newbie to this stuff and i was wondering what all this tuned to X? hertz stuff means? and also i know that the cubic feet in the box matters but i and just wondering how you measure what it is with the sub mounted in the box... also what is the best size box for a 12inch infinity perfect..

thanks

I couldnt tune a box on my own if my life depended on it. The amount of space the sub takes up is called displacement. You need to subtract that from your total air volume. I think you need a system like winISD to calculate tuning frequencies.

ok im kinda a newbie to this stuff and i was wondering what all this tuned to X? hertz stuff means? and also i know that the cubic feet in the box matters but i and just wondering how you measure what it is with the sub mounted in the box... also what is the best size box for a 12inch infinity perfect..
thanks
I had 2 of them b4.

sealed= 1 cubic foot

vented= 1.75 cubic feet

add about .1 cubic feet to each total for the space the sub takes up (displacement).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.