Tuning advice from someone with experience

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudenuff

CarAudio.com Elite
WA gwon?
I recently acquired 2 hdc3 d1 10s from the forum and I was planning to build a temporary enclosure until I could have one custom made. I hear a lot about these woofers getting low but they have an fs of 41 hz I don't know diddly squat about enclosure building but I know 41 is high and I love lows. I considered a sealed enclosure but having 2 with a lot of xmax worries me about going sealed. I just want sq and good extension, I I will have about 2800rms going to them. But what is safe to do, and what enclosure would work best for sq and still get from 32ish-45ish cleanly?

yes 35hz and yes to that volume those subs have been researched and documented thousands upon thousands of times and thats the best/ideal enclosure trust jeff on this

fs doesn't mean **** without taking into consideration all other factors

yes 35hz and yes to that volume those subs have been researched and documented thousands upon thousands of times and thats the best/ideal enclosure trust jeff on this
fs doesn't mean **** without taking into consideration all other factors
Awesome I was having second thoughts but this eases my mind a little. Now what about ports? Slot port aero port external? I've never ran anything but slot ports so I don't know much about what the differences are.

That won't cause any damping problems? I read that can mess up the woofers accuracy or some thing like that. And what about port area
Da hell are you talking about? It doesnt matter what the FS is, after playing for while, the FS ratings will drop after the suspension loosen's up. Just because a sub's FS is 41hz doesnt mean you can only tune 41hz and up. You shouldnt even think about putting the HDC3s in a sealed box anyways, the sub is in no way made for any type of sealed box duty. It'll sound like cr@p in a sealed. The Efficiency Bandwidth Poduct is way past 50. Also you picked the wrong sub for SQ. They can sound pretty d*mn good but definitely not sound quality material unless your SQ enclosure/vehicle/tuning is on par/next level.

Da hell are you talking about? It doesnt matter what the FS is, after playing for while, the FS ratings will drop after the suspension loosen's up. Just because a sub's FS is 41hz doesnt mean you can only tune 41hz and up. You shouldnt even think about putting the HDC3s in a sealed box anyways, the sub is in no way made for any type of sealed box duty. It'll sound like cr@p in a sealed. The Efficiency Bandwidth Poduct is way past 50. Also you picked the wrong sub for SQ. They can sound pretty d*mn good but definitely not sound quality material unless your SQ enclosure/vehicle/tuning is on par/next level.
That is why I said I didn't know much about enclosure making lol. I am just reading off of websites where one says one thing and the other says the opposite so I figured I'd come here. I read that you're not supposed to tune below the fs because it'll sound ******. But I also read that all of those parameters change once the suspension is loosened and I would rather have it dumbed down for me so I don't go about this the wrong way. I didn't really choose them for anything, I have had a ZCON 15 for about a year and had a decent trade available plus I needed space in my trunk so I ditched the zcon and got these. Which I feel like it was a pretty good trade, I'm not in any way putting fourth the money for a sq install I just want sound quality out of these, which I figured wouldn't be hard to obtain based on reviews. I just want to get low with these and need to know how I should go about an enclosure to get there

In the process of designing the box now. Now I've run into another problem.. I can't seem to find anywhere what the displacement of the sub is. Or recommended port area, some guy said 17 sq inch per cube but if it's a 1.5 cube would I multiple that by 1.5?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.