tuning a box...

chronicblazen
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ive been looking for a thread that explains this concept. how do you "tune a box" to whatever hertz you want it to do. while at it, also wanted to know what was "hertz" was and how it affected differently each subwoofer. i hear this vented boxes can get a lot more power out of subwoofers, and im looking to building one myself. people make is sound easy but im thinking its a hard thing to do... calculating the space, and alla that... anybody can prove me wrong?

at JL's website, under tutorials, there is one about tuning a box and it gives you an equation that will tell you the tuning frequency

hertz is waves per second/cycles per second/frequency

building a box, even a ported one, isn't that difficult, it's always good to do things yourself

so when tuning an amplifier, what does raising and lowering the hertz do?

and also, you know any other websites with box building advice? i know its probably easy, after know what your doing that is, but i have no idea...

im really hands on kinda guy tho, so id love to do it myself..

So I calculated a square vent for a Magnum D2 15". It came out 73.94 inches. So what's the "Length of a side for a square vent = 8.6 inches?" That the height of the vent?

I'm as dumb as they come with this stuff, excuse me in advance.

So I calculated a square vent for a Magnum D2 15". It came out 73.94 inches. So what's the "Length of a side for a square vent = 8.6 inches?" That the height of the vent?
I'm as dumb as they come with this stuff, excuse me in advance.
no that is not the height of the vent, 8.6 x 8.6 = 73.96 because in a square, both sides are the same length

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.