tuning a box...

chronicblazen
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ive been looking for a thread that explains this concept. how do you "tune a box" to whatever hertz you want it to do. while at it, also wanted to know what was "hertz" was and how it affected differently each subwoofer. i hear this vented boxes can get a lot more power out of subwoofers, and im looking to building one myself. people make is sound easy but im thinking its a hard thing to do... calculating the space, and alla that... anybody can prove me wrong?

Acidburn
5,000+ posts

Super Mod-like-guy
Tempe, AZ
at JL's website, under tutorials, there is one about tuning a box and it gives you an equation that will tell you the tuning frequency

hertz is waves per second/cycles per second/frequency

building a box, even a ported one, isn't that difficult, it's always good to do things yourself

OP
chronicblazen

chronicblazen
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
so when tuning an amplifier, what does raising and lowering the hertz do?

and also, you know any other websites with box building advice? i know its probably easy, after know what your doing that is, but i have no idea...

im really hands on kinda guy tho, so id love to do it myself..

BoominEclipse
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ohio
So I calculated a square vent for a Magnum D2 15". It came out 73.94 inches. So what's the "Length of a side for a square vent = 8.6 inches?" That the height of the vent?

I'm as dumb as they come with this stuff, excuse me in advance.

Acidburn
5,000+ posts

Super Mod-like-guy
Tempe, AZ
So I calculated a square vent for a Magnum D2 15". It came out 73.94 inches. So what's the "Length of a side for a square vent = 8.6 inches?" That the height of the vent?
I'm as dumb as they come with this stuff, excuse me in advance.
no that is not the height of the vent, 8.6 x 8.6 = 73.96 because in a square, both sides are the same length

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.