trying to find the best amp for my subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

ogpayne

hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong area - but i'm looking for the best amp to get for my current subs. i'm new to car audio and i got the MTX Terminator 12s, pre installed in a box. they have a peak of 800w at 2 ohms and max of 1200 watts. so does this mean i should get an amp that does 400-600w rms x 2 at 2 ohms? and would a class D be the best for my setup? i was told it was the most efficient. thanks guys.

yeah u need a mono amp not sure if that box is wired at 2 ohm (meaning probably both subs are 4 ohm svc which make final 2ohm) doubt that 800 is rms idk, look around amazon at the rockford 500 &750 they both do 100 or more watts rms that they rated at.. but if your box is just 2 ohm u will have to concentrate on amps that do say 5-800rms at 2 ohm (same problem i have) u have to pay for more powerful amp and not use all the power.. looked them up yep u need amp that does 600 to 1k rms at 2 ohms.. subs do say 400rms each..

yeah u need a mono amp not sure if that box is wired at 2 ohm (meaning probably both subs are 4 ohm svc which make final 2ohm) doubt that 800 is rms idk, look around amazon at the rockford 500 &750 they both do 100 or more watts rms that they rated at.. but if your box is just 2 ohm u will have to concentrate on amps that do say 5-800rms at 2 ohm (same problem i have) u have to pay for more powerful amp and not use all the power.. looked them up yep u need amp that does 600 to 1k rms at 2 ohms.. subs do say 400rms each..
he ain't wrong they not great subs get the rf 500.1 amazon $120 best u will get cheap and it's nice amp and someday u can get better single sub in ported box and that amp will do great on it..

Those MTX Terminators don't handle much power...rms. Peak power is BS. That's only "burst" power, for like a second or two. Don't pay any attention to that. I would guess those Terminators are 200rms each, combined 400 rms watts.

They're entry level subs at best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.