Truthfully...does dynamat work?

fishmunger
10+ year member

i have an 81 c10 stepside pickup. im putting 2 10's in it and 2 6x9's in the doors. i was thinking of putting dynamat in the doors and on the floorboard underneath the carpet. i noticed that dynamat is really expensive and on ebay u can get some stuff thats almos the same, except 60 sq. ft is 70 bux? will that stuff work? and overall, is it worth it? thanks

Yes its worth it, you can also buy it locally at lowes or home depot, menards, etc.. its called peel n seal, it'l be in the roofing section.

i wouldnt spend the money on dynamat xtreme... there are other products that are just as good if not better. eDead, raamat, second skin, etc.... dynamat is the 'mainstream' product

i was thinking of picking up some edead of ebay, its cheap. u say that have it at home depot? is it pretty cheap? and how much sq ft. would u approx. need for 2 average sized doors assuming u did them up pretty good?

i was thinking of picking up some edead of ebay, its cheap. u say that have it at home depot? is it pretty cheap? and how much sq ft. would u approx. need for 2 average sized doors assuming u did them up pretty good?
They don't sell edead at the depot, they sell peel and seal, its similar stuff though. Its around a buck a square foot. I would buy two rolls, use a roll on each door, theres no reason to skimp. A roll is about 12 sqft i believe.

Sweet, I was also looking into installing Dynamat in my car. Is Peel + Seel just as good though or is it just a cheaper alternative?
Just as good as regular dynamat, not quite extreme level, but for the cost its not really justifiable to pay for dynamat. They do the exact same thing, p&s just needs a few more layers sometimes.

There is also what is called Weatherguard at Menards which is same stuff(100sq ft. for like 80 bucks). Peel-n-seal does a really good job and is sticky as ****, so dont let someone tell u it will fall off after a few weeks or even a few months. I done the entire cabin of my car with p&s. Helped deepen the bass like crazy and a little with rattle.

dynamat works. some of the best stuff out there too...

Peel and seel works and you will find, but many peopl have problems with it.. many do not though so its up to you..

just do your research and see if it is somthing your are willing to do to save money..

ANT

There is also what is called Weatherguard at Menards which is same stuff(100sq ft. for like 80 bucks). Peel-n-seal does a really good job and is sticky as ****, so dont let someone tell u it will fall off after a few weeks or even a few months. I done the entire cabin of my car with p&s. Helped deepen the bass like crazy and a little with rattle.

the level of stickness a product has has nothing to do with how well it sticks...

ANT

does dynamat work?

nope. it does nothing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif it just sits there being a lazy ass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif:)

...seriously though, I've yet to use it but from what I know, you'll be at least somewhat happy with the results. in other words, it can only be an improvement to use it.

i know im jacking your thread but does anyone know how much thy sell secondskin for and how much do you think i would need for my trunk, the car is a 99 towncar

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.