Trunk question

Participant count
  • Participant list

siucsaluki11
10+ year member

Well, i used to have a blazer, and sorry sleepy, you wont get that demo, since the car is gone. But now i got a 2010 lancer DE. The problem is the rear seat doesnt fold and theres no holes in the rear deck to port through. Im not quite comfortable yet with hacking up my rear deck or rear seat to put a system in. I am looking at how much rear decks and rear seats cost, with thoughts of porting through those in the future. Also trying to find a way to swap a rear seat in from a higher trim line since they fold down.

Anyway, im thinkin of 2 1508s on an AQ2200D, what do you guys think?

You're going to want more then 2 8's judging by your last set up.

Being a 2010 chances of finding rear fold down seats at a junkyard won't be good and I'm sure the dealer will RAPE you for a set.

You going to the meet on the 5th or the one on the 12th?

Where they at? And i saw a guy on youtube with 2 DD 1508s and was hittin a 140 something. I hit 141 around 37 Hz in the blazer. The 2008-2010 are the same car with the exceptions of a few minor changes, so i may be able to swap one in outta a 2008 or an 09. Im plannin on puttin about 1kw on each sub if i go with 2 8s. Trunk is big enough for me to build a new box for my 12s, but i have really been wanting to try 8s.

ill post the same on here as smd

i bet 8s wont make u happy

wait to install until u can get that pressure into the cabin somehow, whether its rear deck or rear seat

hell and the price on the dd8s u could have something louder for ur application and taste in music

and to answer ur question

the 5th is in Cherry Valley/Rockford, look up IL Get Together in Central region

the 12th is the CACO (CarAudioClassified.Org) show in Waukegan, Patrick Simmons lives there along with mike (mlstrass)... this show should be HUGE... they are both about the same distance in oppostite directions for u... i might be able to scoop u on the 12th if u want to

I didnt know you made it over here, lol. And we could hit up that disc golf course by rockford you like so much on the 5th possibly. I may have to hit those shows. Main reason for the 8s is wow factor and to save the majority of my trunk. If i dont like the way it comes out, id probably take it all and put it in my room or id sell it and move on to something bigger. Every vid ive seen has them 8s playin pretty low and they look like theyre hittin pretty well. 2 8s are close to a 12 in cone area. I figured if im running half the cone area at twice the power it should work. Wrong logic?

Some beefy 10s would be an option too. I wanna the most sound off the least cone area basically.

You're going to want more then 2 8's judging by your last set up.
Being a 2010 chances of finding rear fold down seats at a junkyard won't be good and I'm sure the dealer will RAPE you for a set.

You going to the meet on the 5th or the one on the 12th?
Not really. I have a 2008 ES and the seats should all fit the same for an 08,09,10. I'm just surprised the 2010 DE didn't get the 60/40 seats like most of the other ones have. Might need the ES to get the seats, but I couldn't imagine they'd cost too much at the junk yard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.