Trunk Carpet + Subwoofer Sliding Questions

so after finally getting my system setup, my ground wire dislodged from the lug attaching it to my chassis and my system got shut down. I realized it dislodged because when i would go around turns, my sub and amp would slide around the carpet in my trunk and move things around. how would I keep the carpet secured in my civic? it has a thin wooden sheet above the spare tire compartment that keeps things flat... should I use some spray adhesive (glue) on spare tire cover and glue my carpet down? or should I maybe use bolts or screw my carpet into the chassis on the outside of the spare tire well? any help would be nice! many "thanks" for anyone who helps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i took l brackets from home depot and mounted the box like that. doesnt slide much no more. but be careful you dont stab into your spare tire, did that once and found out at the worst time, or you can bolt some brackets in through the sheetmetal right there to keep it from moving.

lol L brackets. roll the car and see how the L bracket handles it. Before i put any system in i drilled two holes in the cab of my truck floor. one on each side. passenger and driver side. Drilled it big enough for .5" allthread to fit. thats how i bolt down my boxes. i line my box up with the hole in the floor, mark the center point, drill through the wood slide the allthread with a nut on the bottom, through the bottom of my truck up into the box and bolt it into the box.

edit: an issue with trunk cars is the gas tank is right under the trunk. what you can do is affix sturdy tie down strap holder to the box sides and one the the sidewall of your trunk, like near the shock assembly. or use one of the bolts from teh shock assembly itself. now that you have one on each side, get some cool tie downs or something and snug that bish up

Make a metal enclosure and weld it to the floor. Problem solved.

Lol no jk...use some L brackets it should work fine. Thats what ive done before.

lol L brackets. roll the car and see how the L bracket handles it. Before i put any system in i drilled two holes in the cab of my truck floor. one on each side. passenger and driver side. Drilled it big enough for .5" allthread to fit. thats how i bolt down my boxes. i line my box up with the hole in the floor, mark the center point, drill through the wood slide the allthread with a nut on the bottom, through the bottom of my truck up into the box and bolt it into the box.
edit: an issue with trunk cars is the gas tank is right under the trunk. what you can do is affix sturdy tie down strap holder to the box sides and one the the sidewall of your trunk, like near the shock assembly. or use one of the bolts from teh shock assembly itself. now that you have one on each side, get some cool tie downs or something and snug that bish up
bro if you roll the car then there are bigger problems than the subs. just saying

I'm not asking how to keep the subwoofer down, I just want to find a way to keep the carpet from sliding, once I got the carpet secured I was planning on getting the prickly side of a velcro and the carpet will act as the softer side. I just want to find a way to keep the carpet secured instead of just sitting on the floor of the trunk.

I'm not asking how to keep the subwoofer down, I just want to find a way to keep the carpet from sliding, once I got the carpet secured I was planning on getting the prickly side of a velcro and the carpet will act as the softer side. I just want to find a way to keep the carpet secured instead of just sitting on the floor of the trunk.
then spray adhesive is your best bet. get the headliner one

id glue the carpet down AND use some L brackets. unless you plan on taking your box in and out all the time, theres no reason not to secure it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.