TRUNK Box for 1 18" on 2200 watts RMS - configuration questions-

Participant count
  • Participant list

adjetta
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Okay so i want a daily groundpounder, I don't need crazy spl, but I want a good mixture of sq, pressure, flex, and low end authority. I can't fire the subforward due to the opening only being at max 16 inches tall, and I don't want to angle the woofer, so top fire is my only option.

still in the process of piecing my build together, running either a sundown z v4 18 or an Fi SP4 18 on an aq2200D. and yes I know a 15 would open up more options, but my heart is set on an 18...

My biggest concern is port placement, what should I do?

can I deaden the rear dash and seal it off completely along with the trunk, and fire one or two large diameter aero/aeros into the cabin? or port through the rear dash?

is a 4th order possible with a 12 inch deep woofer and only 15-16 inches of box height?

these are other ideas

Side port? center port rear firing? front firing without sealing off? top firing?

Using 8" or 10" or 12" inch Aero ports, tuning at or around 33-34hz

A piece of graphing paper, and a pencil, and some basic math(or online calculators, if you prefer lol) will tell you if it'll work. It would be with the effort.

A piece of graphing paper, and a pencil, and some basic math(or online calculators, if you prefer lol) will tell you if it'll work. It would be with the effort.
I have done plenty of calculation, and have graphed it out. I've actually done a full cardboard mock-up. the angle will be too great to adequately seal the trunk

I have done plenty of calculation, and have graphed it out. I've actually done a full cardboard mock-up. the angle will be too great to adequately seal the trunk
As long as the motor doesn't run into the bottom of the box when mounted, that's no big deal. Just extend the top and side panels forward past the front baffle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.