Truck BoX?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crank
10+ year member

JUNIOR MARINE
Hey, newbie here. I am looking to put 2 10's or 2 12's in a truck box, but I dont think this will be possible, for one, mounting depth is a big issue, this will be going into an '86 GMC standard cab. Have any of you all ever built a box for a truck, or had one in a truck? Also, I dont think there would be enough cu. ft. to put 2 in. Does anyone know of a fairly shallow sub, that doesnt take a massive amount of airspace? I'm assuming I'll need to build a sealed box, because dont ported require more space? Please help, give me some subs to look at and a good box builder??? HELP! Thanks

Brandon

I have a box for 1 10 ported Ill get the dimensions if your interested.

Its painted with black bedliner, it has some gouges in it, but they arent too bad.

Okay. So is one speaker in a truck box about all that's gonna go in one? Did you ever have anything in the box or did you just build it for someone? Yes, please get the dimensions. I'm new to subs and boxes, so I really have no idea what the Hz, has to do with could someone enlighten me to this as well? Thanks

Brandon

You can fit a pair of subs, usually.But I always get a laugh at people trying to jam a pair of 12's in a little tiny truck box.

Pioneer has a really shallow sub, along with a few other companies.IDQ's work in fairly small spaces and aren't overly deep.Most of the dayton subs are reasonable as well.It all depends on what you're going for.

Oh yeah, I build boxes too.

i put a pair of 10" kicker comps under the back seat of a 99 silverado in a sealed box. IIRC it was around .9 per sub, and actually surprised me with the amount of volume we got from it.

ChevyAudio-Do you by chance happen to have the measurements for that box? Was it prebuilt or bought. I'm also assuming that this box is sealed correct? Did you lose any clicks of the seats? Does that box and speakers do that truck alot of justice???

P.S. I have no idea what SPL and crap means, I just want it to thump when I'm listening to like Chevelle or Seether or something.. Thanks everyone

Brandon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.