Truck box build started, huzzah! Pics

looks good so far. what kind of subs going in there? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
thanks. Im planning on two RE SX 10's, assuming they fit.. Should fit, im designing the box around them, and have measured everything time and time again.

plans of the box to leo_guajardo@yahoo.com //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I'll be posting a link to a download for the file(sketchup5 file) once I get everything finished. Im going to be re-drawing it all because I need to test fit, and clean up the file.

just run wires through the wood and seal it up around them instead of running terminals, easier to do
Would be easier, but I already bought the terminals lol, besides, I have the holesaw, and I like the cleaner look of terminals.. I just have to rock the caulk and seal them up good, I dont think the cheap foam gaskets on back will hold up too well compared to silicone.

and update:

Oh geez... ok, the overall width is 54"... the lid is 54" wide in the plans... I cut it to the inner width lol, so I cut it 1 1/2" too short, now I have to go buy another 21$+tax piece of MDF... I already have about 1 1/2 sheets left over in 4x4 panels, but not quite 54" width... ***** balls. lol.

Well, as for update, I have the back and front on now, just need to cut holes on the lid, mount the "dishes" and then put the lid on and it should be ready to go, with the exception of course of installing the speaker terminals and subwoofers. Got the terminals, but no subs yet lol.

-Lurius

PS: Might have this finished tonight if I get the wood and it gets cool enough. Today was cool though, 99ish, very cloudy!

Update: Picked up the wood today, re-cut the piece I needed, cut holes, and installed the dishes on them.. just waiting on wood glue to dry and then I'll mount the lid to the box. Will probobly install the terminals in a little while.

Pics:
245001.jpg

245000.jpg

244999.jpg

244998.jpg

Anyways once im all cleaned up im going to go apply at Vandergriff Chevrolet, either in parts dept(aftermarket accessories as well) or sales.

-Lurius

PS: it isnt pretty, but its going to sound good =)

245128.jpg

245127.jpg

245126.jpg

Well, its complete, minus being coated in bedliner and installing the speaker terminals, and a test fit in my truck. I need to clean out back seats floor and remove current box to check. Might just check in my dad's truck.. his floor = empty.

-Lurius

Why dont people like terminals, i dont have em but i think they look clean.
I dont know, I like them too, they do look cleaner. I guess some people think they dont seal well? Or maybe they are too cheap to buy terminals lol. Mine have the spring loaded metal push down cylinders like a lot of subwoofers, nifty stuff.

-Lurius

Bah, a bitter sweet victory. the box fits, though its a little too tall, and theres nothing I can really do to remedy it. Though this only means the backs eat passengers will be less comfortable.

245152.jpg

245153.jpg

I designed it so it would stick a little further out, that 1" gives me a little more volume inside the box. Though I hadent planned to have those dishes, I had to put them in the plans when I raised the floor higher for the excursion of the subs. The funky symbols and numbers on the 'dishes' are just so I could line up the pieces when I was gluing them lol.

-Lurius

Im going to see what I can do to possibly adjust the seat angle better..

Question...Where is the bass going to go? The bottom of the box is on all sides of the subs. Leaving little to no room for the air to escape.
I actually just got done trimming it a little hehe, should solve for that problem. Theres a small ridge just behidn the front of the box, I had to trim to allow for it, sits a little better now, also trimmed the back of the box a little near the center hump area to fit a little nicer and also to allow air flow. If I have to I can cut the entire center walls out. They are really only there to help connect everything, but theres 3" of wall there not being used now that its all screwed and glued together. We'll see.. It would be a perfect fit it not for those **** dishes I had to add and the high floor of the box. So for most other subs out there it is great, but trying to fit two SX's is a *****!

And more fun news.. Just got my paycheck for doing a contract job, so off to the bank, then im going to buy some food and pay some bills!

-Lurius

EDIT: Also for air flow donw there, the center hump is 3/4" higher off of the actual hump, so I can trim the center walls, then have plenty of air flow there.

No updates, sorry. Its actually sitting in the garage now. I started a new job and i'll be working from either 6-3:30 or if I get put on night shift from like 3:30 to 1:45am.. Might not have a lot of time to work on this anymore, not till weekends anyways. I will have sundays off and every 3rd saturday off. Though good news is the amp and subs will be ordered sooner! Yay.

Small update on the vehicle its all going in I guess:

246396.jpg

246397.jpg

Will be running the rest of the wiring and stuff soon, just cant do much more tonight, too tired =(

Anyways, I may be going with a different sub amp than planned.. was thinking of the Massive Audio P1500.1, but have changed mind I think.

-Lurius

the box needs to be cut out on the backside facing the rear wall. and why cant you make a spacer to fit under the seat brackets? dont answer that, you can so do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.