Troy.....What happened?

Brad Pitt may be a "pretty face" but he is still a good actor. If you have ever watched Fight Club you would know this. As for Orlando Bloom he is a decent actor but very much a pretty face, but he gets his dues in this movie. I thought the movie was very good, maybe not perfectly accurate but you know that a movie is never going to follow a book perfect. If you haven't seen it yet I would suggest you do. The battles are monstrous.

I think it was a great movie, and a truly bastardized, *****d and miserable interpretation of the original literary work. I think I would have enjoyed it twice as much as I did had I not read the Illiad and known that Homer was screaming in his grave.

And yeah, watching pu$$y a$$ prince paris kill achiles with a few arrows really ticked me off too.

There was a little scene towards the very end that I really liked, like an inside joke to those who are in the know. When Paris is fleeing like the little faggt he is, he gives the sword of Troy to a young man called Eneas. The roman poet Virgil, almost a thousand years after the Illiad was written, wrote the Eneid, a tale about Eneas, a young man from Troy who escaped the city, and his travels and how he would ultimately set the foundations for Rome. Anecdotically, it's that tale where the pop singer's name Dido comes from.

Titanus

its just a movie...holywood doesnt really care how accurate it is...just as long as it makes money...anyway i liked it and i did read the illiad, you have to kinda disconnect yourself from the book. plus how many movies made from books are exactly how the book portrays it?

The book the Illiad was just a book about the fall of Troy and most of it was made up such as "the god" being on such an such's side and what not. I loved the Illiad and the movie would have been better IMO if it followed the book better. But dont think the makers of the movie were trying to follow the book the way Homer told it, but how it could have actually happened. There was huge battles at Troy and they did do the whole horse thing... but other than that no one really knows what happened, or this is what my history and english teacher taught me. But hey thats just my opinion. And also STOP TELLING WHAT HAPPENS SOME PEOPLE HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET.

I'm going to bet that you are the only person that is going to feel this way. Go home and pick up a history book and you will see how accurate this movie is. There is more to this action movie than just one major fight scene (the one vs. Hector you mentioned), it was the rise of the Greeks and the fall of Troy, so don't look for any Matrix style fights here. War is not pretty, i think the movie portrayed that well.
Also, try to give some reasons on how to fix it (the lady singing wasn't a good reason since 1. it was in tune, so i dont know what you heard; and 2. Lord of the Rings was the same way with the lady singing which you said you liked and came out before Passion). Granted some things were elaborated for hollywood, but really, is there any way you could make it more accurate?
OK first of all this movie was NOT based on History, was based on a story, a VERY LONG ONE at that, which i was forced to read in HS.

2nd of all, the story is NOT as accurate as you may think, so you should pick up the book.

3rd i wasn't looking for a Matrix type fight sceans or special effects, i thought the cynamatography was not great, could have been WAY BETTER.

And the lady singing, i felt was just thrown in randomly in this movie, or the scene that was going on while she was signing didn't flow well.

EDIT: Just read the other post

I agree, maybe would have been better iif the gods were incorporated.

N also i don't mid the director to put their spin on it but i felt his spin could have been better.

I think it wasn't Spectacular

I think the reason i feel this way is because i took a film class, ever sincec then i've neverlooked at movies the same, ain't about the story to me anymore, it's how it's told and it's style. You can tell a realistic story and good one in a good way or bad way, i think Wolfgang choose the bad way.

The movie had blood, guts, mucho violence, this makes it at least a 6 out of 10 automatically. The only thing it lacked was ti ts which automatically adds 2 to 3 points to any movie. I really don't see how anyone could have really not liked it being a guy. This was a mans movie all the way. Action, fighting, mass destruction. This is the stuff Hollywood has fed to us for years because they know we all love it. Sure there are some things you can nit pick about, but overall I think if you're a guy you will enjoy this movie. I know I did.

I saw the movie last night and I dont remember who posted it but said they couldnt believe achilles died by an arrow in the leg. If you knew the story about achilles his mother (one of the gods) dipped in some liquid when he was born and held him there and he was immortal except for that part of his body hint the term (achilles tendon) which is where the arrow hit him. So that is the reasoning of him being shot in the leg if you knew what you were getting into the movie was good if not u were prolly disappointed. The thing with the gods they werent involved with the battle in the first place atleast from what I have read they basically looked away from it and didnt choose a side.

I saw the movie last night and I dont remember who posted it but said they couldnt believe achilles died by an arrow in the leg. If you knew the story about achilles his mother (one of the gods) dipped in some liquid when he was born and held him there and he was immortal except for that part of his body hint the term (achilles tendon) which is where the arrow hit him. So that is the reasoning of him being shot in the leg if you knew what you were getting into the movie was good if not u were prolly disappointed. The thing with the gods they werent involved with the battle in the first place atleast from what I have read they basically looked away from it and didnt choose a side.
Exactly. I havent seen the movie, but i know about Achilles and his heel. Ever wonder why that tendon at the back of ure foot is call the Achilles tendon? Odd that those of you who say read didnt remember that one fundatmental point of the story. I still want to see this movie, regardless of its interpretations of the book. If im following some of you correct, its largely following the wars stemming from the Trojan Horse. Anyway....possible its following the book "Tale of Troy" rather than the Illiad? Now that i mention that, I think i might read "tale of troy" first before seeing the movie.

Oh and my cousin is an avid Harry Potter reader, and she didnt think the movie(s) followed the books well. And another cousin mentioned the same about certain instances in LoTR....so this proves that no one is ever really please with the outcome of book-to-movie adaptations. Thus I have resolved that if I see the movie first and its good, then the book is killer. And if I read the book first and its killer, then the movie is going to ****. This is my own twisted logic mind you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Omarvelous

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Omarvelous
Queens, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date