Trouble Shooting

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alpine CDA-9815
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BFE
Alright in my Corolla I have a Memphis 16-PR100.4 powering my CDT components and a 12" Type R, befor that it was a 10" MTX I got for free that stopped working. After the sub stopped working I figured it took a crap since it was old, but worked good for a year.

Well I went to hook up the Type R the other day, I did not have much time and it was drak to find out it was still not working. Well today I finally drove the Corolla, my bud was in the car and heard a song that he liked and turned up the volume. At that point the stereo went dead, then turned on, then went dead within a second or two. I then turned it down and it started again and the sub was working. So I turned it up to around 20 and it cut off again, turned it down and it worked. The sub worked all the way to where we needed to go, then half way home and cut out again.

I have not had any time to trouble shoot what is going on yet, I'm not sure what the issue is. Channel 1&2 are for the components, 3&4 are bridged for the sub which is hooked up @ 4 ohms. Gains are set almost to nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

You're running a 4-channel amp bridged at less than 2 ohms. You're not only sharing a channel on the amp but you're also bridging the channel.
1&2 are for the comps, 3&4 are bridge, sorry I typed it wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.