trouble deciding which 4 ch amp to get

Participant count
  • Participant list

xoch1
10+ year member

iowa
I have a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X491 head unit. Pioneer Premier TS-A643P speakers for the doors. They are 6 ½ inch 4 ohm 50 watt rms 280 watt max. Rear speakers are 6 x 9 Alpine 4 ohm SPG-69C2 75 watt rms 300 watt max. I’m looking for a decent amp to run these. Nothing earth shattering. I’m not into competitions or anything like that. Already got subs for bass so I’m not worried about bass. Just want nice clean sound without having to worry about drawing to much power and having alternator problems ( 2000 Honda civic) I have my choices narrowed down to a Soundstream Rubicon RUB 4.600 or Hifonics HFi100.4 or something slightly smaller in power such as the MB Quart DSC 480. Of the three, which would you say would be the best quality? There all within my price range and right now I am leaning towards the Soundstream. Please help me decide!!

An amp that does 50-100w rms x 4 would be the best option for you, since you have speakers with an rms range of 50-75w. Just make sure that you set your gains properly if you decide to go with an amp that puts out more rated power than your speakers can handle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.